Temple Ordinance Worker calling listed twice

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mprusse

Temple Ordinance Worker calling listed twice

Post by mprusse »

I noticed today that members of my ward that have a Temple Ordinance Worker calling have that calling listed twice in the directory. I've inspected the callings section for several of these and only one calling as Temple Ordinance Worker is listed there. However, the directory listing shows that calling twice. Any help would be appreciated.

[attachment removed - contained confidential information]
Last edited by jdlessley on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed attachement containing confidential and restricted access information
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Temple Ordinance Worker calling listed twice

Post by russellhltn »

mprusse wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 pm I noticed today that members of my ward that have a Temple Ordinance Worker calling have that calling listed twice in the directory. I've inspected the callings section for several of these and only one calling as Temple Ordinance Worker is listed there. However, the directory listing shows that calling twice. Any help would be appreciated.
I'd look in the other sections. Or perhaps check with the stake. I suspect someone added them using a custom calling with the same title. But that custom calling could be most anywhere.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We have been working on a project that will allow temple ordinance worker information to flow from the temples to other applications. Those positions will show up in Member Tools and Directrory but are not yet visible in Leader and Clerk Resources.

Because you entered custom positions for the members of your ward who are serving as ordinance workers, you are seeing the position listed twice. One of those is the position that belongs to the temple and one is the position that belongs to your ward. If you look at the detail (click on the member name in Directory or select the member in Member Tools and go to "Callings and Classes"), you will see the position details there. One will have your temple name listed with it and one will have your ward name.

You can eliminate the duplicates by removing the custom positions that you created in your ward, but that means that any LCR reports won't show that those people are temple workers until the LCR work is completed. If you need to see them in LCR, leave things as they are for now and remove the custom positions after the LCR updates are done.

For those who are wondering when LCR will be updated: "soon."
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

scgallafent wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:01 pm We have been working on a project that will allow temple ordinance worker information to flow from the temples to other applications. Those positions will show up in Member Tools and Directrory but are not yet visible in Leader and Clerk Resources.

Because you entered custom positions for the members of your ward who are serving as ordinance workers, you are seeing the position listed twice. One of those is the position that belongs to the temple and one is the position that belongs to your ward. If you look at the detail (click on the member name in Directory or select the member in Member Tools and go to "Callings and Classes"), you will see the position details there. One will have your temple name listed with it and one will have your ward name.

You can eliminate the duplicates by removing the custom positions that you created in your ward, but that means that any LCR reports won't show that those people are temple workers until the LCR work is completed. If you need to see them in LCR, leave things as they are for now and remove the custom positions after the LCR updates are done.

For those who are wondering when LCR will be updated: "soon."
Must just be for some units at this time, as temple ordinance workers are not showing in our ward in Member Tools nor the Directory.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

garystroble wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:19 pm Must just be for some units at this time, as temple ordinance workers are not showing in our ward in Member Tools nor the Directory.
That means that your temple's data hasn't been migrated yet.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Thanks for that additional clarifying information.

Return to “Membership Help”