Is there a way to increase Zoom Connections on Stake Account for Stake Conference

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
johnshaw

Re: Is there a way to increase Zoom Connections on Stake Account for Stake Conference

Post by johnshaw »

Search through the backlog of posts, dual audio transmission has been worked out for the webcast system for a while now.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Is there a way to increase Zoom Connections on Stake Account for Stake Conference

Post by barkeraj »

@johnshaw - I have searched various combinations of webcast/translation/language/"dual audio" and not found much. I found a post mentioning multiple encoders, but no real details. Are you able to point me in a better direction?
bcleavitt

Post by bcleavitt »

Each unit can have two zoom broadcasts going at the same time. We feed three zoom sessions for Stake Conference. Two English and one Spanish. The two English sessions are identical with the same video and audio, just divide your units between the two links, The third session is hosted using our Spanish Branch zoom account and has the same video as the the other zoom links but the audio is comes from Spanish translators. Just make sure your meeting house internet can handle three concurrent streams.
lrosales000

Post by lrosales000 »

bcleavitt wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:11 pm Each unit can have two zoom broadcasts going at the same time. We feed three zoom sessions for Stake Conference. Two English and one Spanish. The two English sessions are identical with the same video and audio, just divide your units between the two links, The third session is hosted using our Spanish Branch zoom account and has the same video as the the other zoom links but the audio is comes from Spanish translators. Just make sure your meeting house internet can handle three concurrent streams.
I know some church buildings have really slow internet. What about using a hot spot?
bbennion

Post by bbennion »

I just installed a hotspot in one of our buildings. Without an external antenna I get 10 firm and 5 up while running a zoom webinar.
bbennion

Post by bbennion »

Also. A zoom webinar takes two zoom licenses. So are you using the meeting format for stake conferences when you have two English and 1 Spanish broadcast?

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”