The new FHC Portal and the FHC computers

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
Frb.Henrik

The new FHC Portal and the FHC computers

Post by Frb.Henrik »

Hello,
now that FHC Portal is back in new design, it did not work with the paid sites!

The problem was solved when using the Google Chrome browser on some of the computers, whereas it still did not work using Mozilla Firefox browser!
One of our 4 computers does not work even in Chrome: the other computers have now the following additional users listed, when starting up (so someone (Google friendly) has been connected):
ChurchSupport
fchhqsupport (I spelled it as it looks)
Other user (was there perhaps before together with Patron and Administrator)

How do we get the last computer to work with the paid sites? (in Chrome the other pc's also work with the "keyed" microfilms, so these are readable at the center -but not in Firefox)

How do we get all to work with Firefox?

How about sending an e-mail to the FHC's when something needs explanation / changes are made as not all are aware of this place?

Why oh why do someone still pay for Arkiv Digital (Swedish records)? For some years all these records have been available for free via the Swedish national archives homepage! When that occurred, Arkiv Digital wrote that those that had paid for a full year would get money back -our church seem to keep paying though! I have also been told that when the church was interested in making said program a part of what the FHC's could offer, the price the church had to pay was raised -so is someone helping only Google and the Swedes or what is going on?

Greetings,
Henrik Hansen
Copenhagen, Denmark, FHC
Frb.Henrik

Re: The new FHC Portal and the FHC computers

Post by Frb.Henrik »

By the way: when connecting as Administrator, I was forced to make a new password (though the previous one was an "official" admin pw) -even when logged in as admin, I was no longer allowed to rename, move or delete files, needed some trusted thing!

Also Firefox is up-to-date....
Frb.Henrik

Re: The new FHC Portal and the FHC computers

Post by Frb.Henrik »

Solved: an email to the FHC's described how to make the pc's work in Chrome with the paid sites (I'm not the leader and just happened to look at the e-mails) -now all our pc's work with FHC Portal :)

Return to “Family History Centers”