List of members/households without profile pictures

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
iamcaptaincode

List of members/households without profile pictures

Post by iamcaptaincode »

Hi all,

Our Stake Presidency is asking all the wards to make sure all of the members have profile pictures to aid in callings, discussions, etc. I've asked all the ward clerks (I am the stake clerk) to work with their Ward councils to get this accomplished. Well the question is now coming is there a way to get a report of what members or households do NOT have an image short of doing it all by hand? I've tried to find a way, but I'm just missing it.

Any one have any ideas?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: List of members/households without profile pictures

Post by rmrichesjr »

I this sequence leads to what I think you are looking for:
  • 1) Go to LCR;
    2) Go to 'Photos to Approve';
    3) Click on the 'Manage' tab;
    4) In the right-hand select list, choose 'Members With No Photo'.
The access table shows who has access to 'Manage Photos': bishop, acting ward leader, bishop's counselors, ward clerk, ward assistant clerk, ward assistant clerk--membership. (I didn't go through the whole list, so there might be other ward-level callings with access, but my guess is likely those are the only callings with access.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

While I can understand leadership's desire to have photos, I'd be careful about how much pressure is applied to members. It could easily cause bad feelings, especially with the privacy-sensitive and the partly-active
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I think it's a bit more "reasonable" to ask leaders to have their pictures available for members. I know it's a helpful two-way thing for the Stake to recognize local leaders, and for local leaders to know who the Stake leaders are. And also for new move-ins to get to know their leaders.

But as a general policy, I think perhaps it's better to simplly make an announcement inviting those who wish, to upload a current picture. While I understand how this would help the Stake as they consider who they might call, I agree that this seems to be putting unnecessary pressure on members who would prefer not to.
mevans

Post by mevans »

BrianEdwards wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:46 am But as a general policy, I think perhaps it's better to simply make an announcement inviting those who wish, to upload a current picture. While I understand how this would help the Stake as they consider who they might call, I agree that this seems to be putting unnecessary pressure on members who would prefer not to.
My experience is that very few people will go to the trouble of uploading their photos, even when asking them to do so. However, if I ask people/families individually if I can take their picture or if they can send me photos to upload, I get a much better response. Yes, there are a handful who do not want their pictures posted, and it's much better to have that conversation individually. I also explain to them the privacy options to see if they are comfortable with any of the options.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”