Overage without ordinances

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zaneclark

Overage without ordinances

Post by zaneclark »

I just received the records of a 26 year old individual with no ordinances listed. I think I remember reading that they should be removed from the records, but I'm not sure.
zaneclark

Re: Overage without ordinances

Post by zaneclark »

I just answered my own question.. ( I have to stop doing that!)
Cancel Record of Person 18 or Over
Print
Last Updated: 22 August 2017 at 10:55

Policy and Principles
A person age 9 or older who has a membership record but has not been baptized and confirmed is not considered a member of record. However, the ward in which the person lives retains the membership record until the person is 18. At that time, if the person chooses not to be baptized despite being given every opportunity, the bishop, with written permission from the stake president, cancels the membership record. However, records of unbaptized members who are considered not accountable because of intellectual disabilities are not canceled.

Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) Procedures
Go to the Member Information screen of the person whose record is being canceled.
Click the Actions button under the membership record number and click Cancel Record.
Click on either the Yes or No button indicating if the stake president has given permission to cancel the record.

Return to “Membership Help”