Check Printing Workflow

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
andrewjorgensen

Check Printing Workflow

Post by andrewjorgensen »

We've noticed that printing checks in LCR Finances can be confusing and inconsistent. I'm not sure what the best way is to provide feedback, so trying here.

When you go to print a check, it pops up in another tab. Because it's in another tab one can sometimes forget to click the confirmation (in the previous tab) that the check printed correctly. If it's possible to put the check PDF in a box (like receipts and other supporting documentation) and print from there, that would make it easier to get it right every time.

Also, after printing the check, if we want to print the expense summary, the summary PDF opens in the same tab instead of in a new tab. That's where the workflow is inconsistent.

I think it's okay now to not print summaries, with all the supporting documentation being scanned in, but I'm not entirely sure of that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Check Printing Workflow

Post by jdlessley »

andrewjorgensen wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:49 pm I'm not sure what the best way is to provide feedback, so trying here.
The forum is user-to-user help and support. The likelihood this will get to the right people is near null. Try using the feedback link found at the bottom of the expense page to get your suggestion to the correct people.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”