Unable to Download Church Website Videos

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
arpitman

Unable to Download Church Website Videos

Post by arpitman »

It has long been recommended that when showing videos at church we download them first to ensure good playback. I am trying to do so on a specific website. here is the link:

https://seniormissionary.churchofjesusc ... g?lang=eng

The first video on the page has a Share option, but doesn't seem to have a download option. The rest of the videos don't even have the share option.

Can someone help me figure out how to download videos on pages like this? More and more of the church's websites are using this new player it seems.
davesudweeks

Re: Unable to Download Church Website Videos

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe if the download option is not present, it cannot be downloaded. I'm sure there are reasons the church won't allow some videos to be downloaded and we are not privy to the "why" in this user-to-user mutual help forum. However, if someone on the forum has had success downloading them, they may provide insight.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to Download Church Website Videos

Post by lajackson »

arpitman wrote: The first video on the page has a Share option, but doesn't seem to have a download option. The rest of the videos don't even have the share option.
I believe that the videos on the specific page you mention are intended for individual viewing and not for downloading and general viewing at Church. They seem to be intended to help a potential senior missionary made decisions as they prepare to serve.

Because of that, they cannot be downloaded. The Share option in the first video lets someone, perhaps a priesthood leader or Relief Society president, send a link for the videos to someone who may be considering serving as a senior missionary.

This is all my personal opinion. I have no other insight other than having attended meetings about the need for senior missionaries.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”