Permissions

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
RichardsED

Permissions

Post by RichardsED »

Hello- I am a Stake Building Scheduler (added to each of the 5 buildings in our Stake), but I can't delete or edit events. I can create new events, but I can't adjust events that other members have added. Any suggestions? Does it have to do with my Church account?
garystroble

Re: Permissions

Post by garystroble »

RichardsED wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:40 am Hello- I am a Stake Building Scheduler (added to each of the 5 buildings in our Stake), but I can't delete or edit events. I can create new events, but I can't adjust events that other members have added. Any suggestions? Does it have to do with my Church account?
If your calling is brand new, permissions may not have flowed through all the church servers yet. Should that not be the case, there is probably a level of permissions which someone in Stake leadership needs to activate for you.
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

Hello there! Such a fast reply! I was added 2 weeks ago by the Stake Clerk. I show up in LCR as "Building Scheduler."
So odd. I'm scratching my head...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In the case of building scheduler, being added to LCR isn't enough. They need to add you as a building scheduler in the locations section of the calendar. By "they" I mean the stake presidency, including the clerk and executive secretary.

Once that's done, you can edit any events in "your" building.

Please note, while you can add events to any ward and stake calendars you've been given permission to, you can't add any events to other ward's calendars. As such, you'll probably need the wards to schedule themselves - your role is more of supervisor/arbitrator. At least as far as ward events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

Thank you! Inching closer. I can add events to any and all calendars. Our Stake Presidency would like me to edit a few events (and delete a few as well) that were created other members, but I can’t.
We’ve tried to reach out to the member that created the event originally and some are non responsive and some have moved.
For this purpose the Stake is hopeful that I can help clean up the current calendar and update information but I can’t.
Head scratcher. Any ideas?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RichardsED wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:21 pm Our Stake Presidency would like me to edit a few events (and delete a few as well) that were created other members, but I can’t.
It doesn't sound like you are entered as the building scheduler for the builder where the events you're trying to edit are scheduled. See russellhltn's post just before yours for what your stake needs to do. Once you are a building scheduler you can edit and delete events that are scheduled at your building.
RichardsED wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:21 pmWe’ve tried to reach out to the member that created the event originally and some are non responsive and some have moved.
You don't have to reach the member who created the event originally. You just need an administrator or editor for the calendar it's on. Figure out which ward the event belongs to (look at the event details) and then contact the ward clerk for that ward. They should be able to edit any event for their ward.
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

I really appreciate your help. Here's a link to the Account (Calling) info page. Can you peek at it and tell what's missing that wouldn't allow this person to edit or remove events from the Stake and Building Calendar: [redacted]

Notice that only the 'edit' button appears (usually the 'edit' and 'remove' buttons are visible): [redacted]

When the 'edit button' is clicked, the event is not editable, only viewable.

I'm scratching my head off :) Any suggestions or anything you notice that is out of sorts? Again, adding events is possible; editing/removing events made by other members is not.

Eric
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Please don't post links that contain personal information, eg, names, phone numbers, membership record numbers, etc., this is a public forum.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

I really appreciate your help. Here's a link to the Account (Calling) info page. Can you peek at it and tell what's missing that wouldn't allow this person to edit or remove events from the Stake and Building Calendar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mMktOv ... p=drivesdk (MRN removed)

Notice that only the 'edit' button appears (usually the 'edit' and 'remove' buttons are visible): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GHTv0a ... p=drivesdk

When the 'edit button' is clicked, the event is not editable, only viewable.

I'm scratching my head off :) Any suggestions or anything you notice that is out of sorts? Again, adding events is possible; editing/removing events made by other members is not.

Eric
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Although there is a building scheduler calling, that calling doesn't actually provide building scheduler rights in the calendar. Building schedulers have to be assigned within the calendar application itself. While on the calendar page itself a stake administrator (like the stake clerk or a member of the stake presidency) should:

1. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the calendar.
2. Select Locations and Rooms from the drop down menu.
3. Select the building you are the scheduler for.
4. Under the Building Scheduler header click the Add A Building Scheduler link
5. Select your unit and then enter your name.

Return to “Church Account”