can't access web indexing

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
mlbigelow

can't access web indexing

Post by mlbigelow »

For the past several weeks I've been deterred from accessing my customary daily hour of web indexing. Most recently the error message is that the web site is "not secure" with the explanation that the web site is the problem, and there is nothing I can do about it. Please confirm, or otherwise advise if there is something I can do, and what that might be.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: can't access web indexing

Post by russellhltn »

That seems unlikely. I'd start by verifying that the date on your computer is accurate. If it's way off, the certificate will look bad and the computer may not synchronize it's time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

How did you get to the indexing site? Did you type FamilySearch.org into your browser URL bar, sign in, then click on Indexing > Web Indexing? Or did you follow a bookmark or link from another page?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mlbigelow

Post by mlbigelow »

Yes I type familysearch.org into my browser URL and then select web indexing from the indexing drop down menu. I did that just now and got "502 Bad Gateway".
mlbigelow

Post by mlbigelow »

Date on my desktop is accurate 11/11/2021. I've tried to access web indexing using both Firefox and Microsoft browsers and get the same error. I've tried on my associates desktop, and get the same error. All other websites including ChurchofJesusChrist.org are fine.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”