reimbursement from different budget?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
geekiemommie

reimbursement from different budget?

Post by geekiemommie »

When our Relief Society president enters a reimbursement online, it only lets her pick from the Relief Society budget. Is there a way to pick for Ward Activities instead?

Thanks!
Brenda
drepouille

Re: reimbursement from different budget?

Post by drepouille »

Yes, if the ward clerk configures the LCR Finance system to allow her to do so. For each budget category, he can specify which members of the ward council may request reimbursements for that category.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Awesome, thanks for your response! I'll let our clerk know.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Hello! Can you walk me through the steps on how to do that? Our ward clerk can't figure it out. Thanks!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

geekiemommie wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:54 amHello! Can you walk me through the steps on how to do that? Our ward clerk can't figure it out. Thanks!
In case someone who knows how to do this doesn't see it quickly on this user-to-user mutual help forum, your ward clerk should reach out to the stake clerk for training on how to do this. Training the ward clerks is one of the responsibilities of the stake clerk. This is new functionality added after I was released as a ward clerk so I don't have access to investigate any longer.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

1. Select Finance > Budget from the LCR menu.
2. Select the Manage Categories tab.
3. Find the category or sub-category in question and click on the pencil icon to the left of the category name.
4. Check which organization have rights.
5. Click the Save button.

Note that it is only possible to give access to certain categories. If there isn't a pencil icon by the category then the rights can't be changed for that category. You can't give the Sunday School rights to the Relief Society budget for example. But you can give rights to any sub-category--even sub-categories of those categories which can't be changed. Rights can be given to the Activities budget.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I have found it much easier to just leave the organizations with their own budget category only for reimbursements, and have them email any other categories to me, the ward clerk, or the financial clerk to enter. Your mileage may vary.

Return to “Main Church Website”