CANNOT DISABLE TWO WAY VERIFICATION

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
xyzarth10

CANNOT DISABLE TWO WAY VERIFICATION

Post by xyzarth10 »

Good day!

I have a problem with the two way authentication. I cannot disable or uncheck it. I don't have any calling or position that requires such thing. How can it be disabled? Thank you for your help!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: CANNOT DISABLE TWO WAY VERIFICATION

Post by Mikerowaved »

You can change it using the following link:

https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/multiFactorAuthentication
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
xyzarth10

Post by xyzarth10 »

I have tried it but I cannot uncheck the box or disable. It says that I have a calling that requires having a two-way verification, but I don't have any calling that requires it. Can it be disabled by the IT Department of the church?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Get the GSD number from your clerk and call them with your issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

xyzarth10 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:49 am It says that I have a calling that requires having a two-way verification, but I don't have any calling that requires it.
What calling(s) do you have? If it grants access to anything the general membership doesn't have access to, that's may be the reason.

If that's the case, GSD would be able to explain that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Interesting. Clicking on the circled "i" next to the check-box to opt into Two-Step Verification, it says:
Two-Step Verification

If checked, you may be asked to use Two-Step
Verification whenever you log into a Church website.
Please note that you may be required to use Two-
Step Verification based on your role or position. If
so, this box will be checked automatically.
I don't remember seeing the last two sentences before, where Two-Step Verification may be required based on your roll or position. I wonder what rolls or positions trigger this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:42 pm I don't remember seeing the last two sentences before, where Two-Step Verification may be required based on your roll or position. I wonder what rolls or positions trigger this?
I'm pretty sure it's based on what the person has access to. I don't think it's bishopric or stake presidency, or we would have heard more about it. We have heard that seminary teachers are required to change passwords frequently as long as they have access to "workforce". It wouldn't surprise me but what church employees are required to have 2FA.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised it's not required for everyone with unit membership or finance access.

Given that OP is in the Philippines, it's possible that they have a different list than in the U.S.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “Church Account”