Ministering not showing up?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ccpoulson

Ministering not showing up?

Post by ccpoulson »

Hi— For the past several months I have been unable to see ministering assignments in my ward. I can see my own ministering assignment and my own ministering sisters. I can’t even see who my own ministering brothers are. I serve as the stake RS Pres and think it shouldn’t be an access problem. I have tried manual updates several times, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times. I’ve asked several people, but no one can offer any explanation. Help! Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering not showing up?

Post by russellhltn »

From the Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) FAQs
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

But you should be able to see who the ministering brothers are that are assigned to your family (unless none are assigned).
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

For the past several months I have been unable to see ministering assignments in my ward. I can see my own ministering assignment and my own ministering sisters.
Are you saying you previously were able to see all the ministering assignments in the ward? Were you recently called to the Stake from being something like a Ward RS President, where you previously had access? It's interesting, if you used to see these assignments, and now can't...
CamilleAriel2021

Post by CamilleAriel2021 »

I think if there is an issue related to ministering then the not showing up part needs be taken out of there's something like that.
mechamb

Post by mechamb »

We are having this problem again. People are not able to see who the minister to and who is ministering to them.
The option is not even show form members to select.

Please advise.
Thanks,
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

In Tools (on android), I select the three bars on the upper-left corner, and click my icon. This then brings up my info, and I see tabs for "Contact", "Household", "Callings and Classes", "Membership Information", and "Ministering". Do these members see all those options except for "Ministering"? Even if they don't currently have any assignments for who they minister to or for who ministers to them, they should still see the "Ministering" tab.

Often data in Tools seems to get "lost". Members have found success by either doing a manual sync, logging out then back in, or deleting Tools and then reinstalling.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 pm Often data in Tools seems to get "lost". Members have found success by either doing a manual sync, logging out then back in, or deleting Tools and then reinstalling.
In Android Member Tools, Settings > Refresh Data has the same effect as logging out and back in - both force a refresh of data.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

In Android Member Tools, Settings > Refresh Data...
On my Tools, the "Refresh Data" option shows up underneath the "Temple Recommend Expiration Reminder", with the corresponding smaller font size for a sub-option. This visually makes it so that it does not appear to be a global action for the entire set of Tools data. But everyone talks about it helping out with data sync issues.

Do others see the same thing? Or do others see "Refresh Data" as a top-line option?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: This thread topic has forked from the original topic - ministering not showing up in the online Ward Directory and Map. For continued discussion involving not seeing ministering in Member Tools, please post in an appropriate thread in the Android Member Tools App or iPhone/iPad Member Tools App forum. I am sorry that I contributed to forking this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”