My “LDS-Ancestry Membership” subscription changed to a “Registered Guest” subscription.

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
Mistelyn

My “LDS-Ancestry Membership” subscription changed to a “Registered Guest” subscription.

Post by Mistelyn »

Hello! I have had a linked FamilySearch account for years and then one day I logged on to Ancestry.com and discovered my subscription changed from “LDS-Ancestry Membership” to “Registered Guest”. My Ancestry tree is still linked to FS. However, I can not access any of the membership features beyond the basics now that I am only a guest. I called Ancestry four times today. They explained that somehow my “LDS-Ancestry Membership” was cancelled on Oct. 5th (though I never cancelled it myself). No one I spoke to knew how to reactivate my account. I tried revoking access to Ancestry in my FS account and then tried allowing access and re-linking my accounts. I still had the same problem though. (I called FamilySearch twice and used the chat feature twice and they said to call Ancestry. But Ancestry doesn’t know what to do either.) Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks so much!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My “LDS-Ancestry Membership” subscription changed to a “Registered Guest” subscription.

Post by russellhltn »

Did you change the name of your Church Account, or the email connected with it?

To fix the problem, you might try setting it up again: www.familysearch.org/partner/ancestry. Use "Sign in to connect your account".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mistelyn

Re: My “LDS-Ancestry Membership” subscription changed to a “Registered Guest” subscription.

Post by Mistelyn »

Thank you for the reply, Russell! I did not change my name or email account. (Someone on Ancestry’s side cancelled my subscription inadvertently, perhaps.) Yesterday I tried setting it up again through that same link when I revoked access to Ancestry. It didn’t change the status of my subscription. Any other ideas to try?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing I can think of is to go back to Ancestry support and gently keep pushing until you can find someone who knows how that setup works and what's wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CaldwellZ

Post by CaldwellZ »

I believe there's an article on this: https://familysearch.org/ask/productSup ... ch-account

I've heard of these linkage things breaking before and it seems that it does ultimately have to be handled from the Ancestry side, but some of their agents aren't aware of how it works. But if you call FS about it, usually they can help you find the UCMID (mentioned in the article) and tell you what to say to the Ancestry agent so they can find the right knowledge article on their end.
Mistelyn

Post by Mistelyn »

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question! My FS and Ancestry accounts are actually still linked. The problem is that somehow my LDS-Ancestry membership subscription was cancelled and no one seems to know how to reactive it. I have worked with both FS and Ancestry to try to find a solution (to include using my UCMID number). The last time I contacted Ancestry the agent said he created an "error report" and sent it to the IT department. He said there was no timetable as to when the problem would be looked at, but that at some point I would receive an email when they found a solution. So, I am patiently waiting to see if anything actually comes of that. If I don't hear anything in a few days, I will start over by calling Ancestry again.
Artemismoirai

Post by Artemismoirai »

Did you find a solution? My account has been stuck like this since 2017 and it's 2021 and I still have a solution.

Thanks!
angiesnider@gmail.com

Post by angiesnider@gmail.com »

This has happened to me also. There is a bigger issue, apparently.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

There is a team within FamilySearch Support dedicated to helping with LDS-Ancestry accounts. In my experience, they are more helpful for this issue than Ancestry support, which doesn't seem to know much about the details of these accounts (but you might get lucky). Contact FamilySearch Support at https://www.familysearch.org/help and ask specifically for help with your LDS-Ancestry account.

Return to “Family History”