Church purchased / owned iPads

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
piekarskire

Church purchased / owned iPads

Post by piekarskire »

We have a few units where the use of personal devices is not feasible and there is no Church provided broadcast solution.
With the need to support unit broadcasts and the decision to provide Zoom accounts, has there been any discussion or guidance for Church owned iPads? In a large business organization we would purchase through an authorized reseller which would register it with Apple Business Manager and our choice of device management suites. If the local units purchase them, we do not get any volume discounts, the unit has to create and manage the itunes account, and there are no controls on what applications can be installed.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Church purchased / owned iPads

Post by Mikerowaved »

My question is why go with an iPad when you can get a fully capable Android phone for around $40 that can do the same function? Doesn't matter that it's carrier locked as it will never get the SIM activated. I purchased similar phones (only made by Samsung) last year for each ward in our stake and they're still working great.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church purchased / owned iPads

Post by russellhltn »

piekarskire wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:53 pm has there been any discussion or guidance for Church owned iPads?
None that I've seen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”