Tax receipt for goods donated for ward party

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Tax receipt for goods donated for ward party


Post by gvfarns »

I am in the US. A local vendor has donated a bunch of food for our ward Christmas party. They asked if we can provide a receipt for tax purpose (they called it a 501c3 form, but I think it's more of a receipt they are looking for, not proof of tax-excempt status). Is there an official form for this or shall I just have the bishop write a note indicating receipt of the goods?

If I just make up a note and have the bishop sign it, is there any information aside from the church's tax ID (87-0234341, if google is correct) that I should put on the receipt?
Post Reply

Return to “Local Unit Finance”