LCR Finance - Reconciliation Donation Online

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jpjones~ogr

Re: LCR Finance - Reconciliation Donation Online

Post by jpjones~ogr »

When we tried we didn't have the instruction Larry saw yesterday. We thought LCR's method would be the same as MLS's, where both approvals are registered while one person is logged in. I'm hoping the revised process works reasonably well.

Sunday server issues continue to slow us down, but haven't been stopping us. Church IT seems to have gradually increased system and server capacities to at least handle extreme loads.

Also, I intended to contact Global Services for help deleting the on-line LCR batch, because we used MLS instead. However, sometime before mid-afternoon the next day it was gone, without any effort on my part.
q3moondog

Post by q3moondog »

We've used LCR to enter donations for the past 2 Sundays with no issues other than in the end when you print the batch reports, there is no bank copy of the report to send with the deposit bag to the bank. Other than that we've had no issues. Even with the process of the second approval.
q3moondog

Post by q3moondog »

Just a quick follow-up to my reply. I contacted Global Services to get clarification on the reports being printed. The "Deposit Report" that does get printed is considered the bank copy. We no longer need to keep a printed copy of the deposit report in our files since LCR is the system of record and has the report online. I hope this helps anyone having this same question.
nathanowen95

Post by nathanowen95 »

q3moondog wrote:Just a quick follow-up to my reply. I contacted Global Services to get clarification on the reports being printed. The "Deposit Report" that does get printed is considered the bank copy. We no longer need to keep a printed copy of the deposit report in our files since LCR is the system of record and has the report online. I hope this helps anyone having this same question.
This is really great news. It would be nice if they could update their documentation to reflect that. I'd really hate to have an audit and get hit multiples for not having a report. I'd have much more comfort having something in writing. But I'm guessing the audit system will do similar to how online reimbursement requests are done, it just skips over the ones when an EFT is done compared to a check.

All in all I love the new system (of course when it's available on Sundays. We had to delay our processing yesterday due to it being unavailable)
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Processing unit donations via LCR will be nice because we're essentially back to using one interface again. I've been expecting this feature for a few years. We should be able to mothball MLS relatively soon after.

Though Sunday server capacity has improved and stabilized significantly over years, I still struggle with not being able to fully trust LCR functions/features on those days. However, I'm grateful that somebody is paying attention to this issue, and coordinating development.

Regarding audit exceptions, I kind-of like getting them. After nigh-on 40 years of making mistrakes I haven't been fired, so I don't worry about them. One reason I like getting exceptions is that I learn how stuff should work. Another is I get to complain about resources beyond our control, like this new deposit report change. There have been a lot of changes to LCR that aren't announced, or slip under our radar, which leaves me with a bit of frustration. Clerks have been instructed to help leaders and members learn to use features available on the Church's web pages and in the Church's app', but I tend to find out about new features from "pioneering" friends before some mention arrives from Church IT (if any arrives). Sorry, I guess this would qualify as another topic.

In any case, it's really nice to hear that donation processing via LCR is essentially out of beta testing. Many thanks y'all !!
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Our current issue with submitting donation batches through LCR is that for the 2nd approved - the ‘approve’ button doesn’t actually work? Tried on multiple decide etc - and the batch is complete and reconciled okay.

Weird.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

dannykos wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:40 am Our current issue with submitting donation batches through LCR is that for the 2nd approved - the ‘approve’ button doesn’t actually work? Tried on multiple decide etc - and the batch is complete and reconciled okay.

Weird.
I wonder if this is the cookie issue that plagues many church web pages?
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

We’ll I tried it my phone and an iPad. More likely server load?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”