Online Magazines Jan 2022 Not available

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
christineatkins@gmail.com

Online Magazines Jan 2022 Not available

Post by christineatkins@gmail.com »

Hi

Just wondering why the magazines for Jan 2022 are not available online? We're now into the new curriculum and don't have access to the resources included in the magazines... I see on other forums that the print versions seem to be out so just confused why the digital versions aren't? Some of us live in areas where the physical copies are not an option...

Thanks hoping someone can assist
Kind Regards
Christine Schwartz
SpigarelliSJ
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Online Magazines Jan 2022 Not available

Post by SpigarelliSJ »

It seems like they are available under Library -> Gospel Library -> Magazines. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... s?lang=eng

I hope this helps.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SpigarelliSJ wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:57 pm It seems like they are available under Library -> Gospel Library -> Magazines. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... s?lang=eng
I'm not seeing it in Android. GL version 6.0.0. I don't see a newer GL in the Play Store.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It does appear that they are available online at the Church website but not yet in Gospel Library. Most of the time they hit all locations around the same time, so I am guessing that GL will have them soon.

I know they usually come out before the month begins, but not always. It is still December, by the way. And to release them in Gospel Library someone has to go to the trouble of bundling up all of 2021 magazines into one package and begin a new 2022 section, so that will take a little longer than usual. I suspect that the developers have all unwrapped their presents and will be working on it this week.

Fortunately, the Old Testament that we will be studying this coming year was released quite some time ago (1979, I seem to recall) and is already available.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The January 2022 magazines are now available in the Gospel Library app. You can go to Home or the root Library and pull-to-refresh to force the app to check for a content update.
lajackson wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:01 pm Fortunately, the Old Testament that we will be studying this coming year was released quite some time ago (1979, I seem to recall) and is already available.
400 BC, AD 382, 1611, 1880, 1979, 2000, or 2013, depending on how you count. :)

400 BC: All books in the Old Testament have been written.
AD 382: Biblical canon affirmed/decreed at Council of Rome.
1611: KJV published, which is the Bible translation usually used in Church publications in English.
1880: Book of Abraham and excerpts from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible canonized in the Pearl of Great Price.
1979: First Latter-day Saint edition of the Bible, with study helps that cross reference all of the standard works.
2000: Standard works (including the Bible) first published digitally by the Church (Scriptures.LDS.org).
2013: Current edition of the Latter-day Saint standard works (including the Bible) in English.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

As of today, they purport to be available, but are not downloading correctly in either Windows or Android. Hopefully, that'll sort out in the next few days.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SMBlaylock wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:15 pm As of today, they purport to be available, but are not downloading correctly in either Windows or Android. Hopefully, that'll sort out in the next few days.
It's working fine for me on my android. You might check your settings as it might not download if you're not on WiFi.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

I'm sure I'm on WiFi in my home, since my tablet does not have cellular capability to begin with. Also still unable to DL in the Windows app as well, with the same content. I've restarted the tablet multiple times, and it's not having trouble with web browsing, so I'm pretty sure it recognizes my home network. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What version of GL? At some point, older versions don't get updated content. I'm on 6.0.0.

davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

SMBlaylock wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:42 pm I'm sure I'm on WiFi in my home, since my tablet does not have cellular capability to begin with. Also still unable to DL in the Windows app as well, with the same content. I've restarted the tablet multiple times, and it's not having trouble with web browsing, so I'm pretty sure it recognizes my home network. :)
You might check to see that you are on the latest version of GL. I can open the Jan 2022 Liahona on my Android phone just fine today.

Return to “Main Church Website”