Relief Society list of Birthdays

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
NDBarrett

Relief Society list of Birthdays

Post by NDBarrett »

Does anyone know if I can run a report of the Relief Society Birthdays?

Thanks
nb
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not in front of MLS right now, so I'm not sure if there's a built-in report for that. But it seems like it would be fairly easy to build a custom report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Welcome to the Forum!

There are several ways to do it. I have a couple of custom reports up at the Church that were developed for this exact purpose. In one, you have to edit the Birthday month each time, but the report only lists the sisters with Birthdays in the Current month. The other one lists all the Birth Dates for RS Sisters and sorts automatically by month because the Birth Date is the first column. We have Bishopric meeting tomorrow evening - I will export the MLS custom report formats and post them here when I get home tomorrow night.. You can import the Report Format into your MLS and you will be done!

I'm sure you will get some excellent suggestions from other forum members of ways to accomplish this before tomorrow night so you can pick whatever method works best for you.

Dave Sudweeks
Elm Creek Ward Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ndbarrett wrote:Does anyone know if I can run a report of the Relief Society Birthdays?

There's no need to create a custom report -- MLS contains a built-in capability for doing this:
  1. Go to Organizations > Relief Society
  2. In the Members section (the third section down) click the blue Print link.
  3. Using the "List Type to Print" dropdown, select "Birthday"
  4. Select additional options as desired.
  5. Print
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

If you do not want to visit the clerks' office, you can try https://lds.org/mls/mbr/report/birthday-list.html
DanRicks

Re: Relief Society list of Birthdays

Post by DanRicks »

I don't see this option anymore, maybe it was factored out in the rewrite?
davesudweeks

Re: Relief Society list of Birthdays

Post by davesudweeks »

DanRicks wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm I don't see this option anymore, maybe it was factored out in the rewrite?
It is now a standard report on LCR: Reports | Birthday List. Then select the organization you are interested in and the months you want to show birthdays for.
The report is available to bishoprics, clerks, and organization presidencies.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”