Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
stormmysky

Re: New kindle fire will not update Gospel library app

Post by stormmysky »

teresa339 wrote:I have a new kindle fire which I just received. I downloaded the Gospel Library app from Amazon. The app did install and prompted me to open it, but when I try to open the app it says updating and appears to try to update for about 2 seconds, then goes back to my Gospel library icon on my kindle.
Please help, as I bought my family Kindle Fires for Christmas so that they could use Gospel Library.

Thank You
So updating the Kindle worked for me after all!! Give that a try and I hope it works for you.
jonbittner

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Post by jonbittner »

Please return to a search function that gives relevant results. The current 5.1 search function is completely worthless. If I search the Book of Mormon for the term "gentiles" the results should give every instance of the word in the order it appears in the book. Let me decide what is relevant. The "smart" search is anything but, the "most relevant results" never are. Drill down is vastly superior to the current incoherent mess.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This is a user-to-user support forum. The best place to provide feedback is through the in-app feedback found by going to Help > Contact Us.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
carbon

Post by carbon »

Kindle Fire 5th generation. Gospel Library version 5.2.3, Android version 5.1.1, English v539. I study and save my notes in “Come Follow Me” under record your impressions. I tap the icon, write my notes all week long and every Sunday evening when I go to review them, they have disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

carbon wrote:Kindle Fire 5th generation. Gospel Library version 5.2.3, Android version 5.1.1, English v539. I study and save my notes in “Come Follow Me” under record your impressions. I tap the icon, write my notes all week long and every Sunday evening when I go to review them, they have disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere.
Are you signed in, under Gospel Library settings? Do you see your notes at Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org or Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org? Are you able to find your notes in the Notes section of the app (the "Notes" section appears after General Conference in the main library)? Are you looking in the same manual throughout the week as you do on Sunday (there are three Come, Follow Me manuals that are similar: Individuals and Families, Primary, and Sunday School)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
pedersens

Post by pedersens »

I haven't been able to find an update for the gospel library app (version 5) within the Kindle app store. Is it no longer compatible with Kindle fires, or perhaps older versions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

pedersens wrote:I haven't been able to find an update for the gospel library app (version 5) within the Kindle app store. Is it no longer compatible with Kindle fires, or perhaps older versions?
What version of Android or FireOS is your Kindle Fire running? Gospel Library 5.3.0 is available on the Amazon Appstore, but it requires Android 5 or greater (which is equivalent to FireOS 5 or later).
https://www.amazon.com/Church-Jesus-Chr ... B006OP8494
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
haygirl72

Post by haygirl72 »

I see your post is a year old but I had the same problem. My new Kindle is a Kindle Fire HD 8 8th Generation and the Gospel Library loaded just fine but when I went to open it , it would tell me it was updating for a couple seconds and then just close. My LDS songbook would do the same thing. So, after reading this thread it advised to update my device. At first, I thought, it's brand new it doesn't need updated! But, nothing else would work so I finally updated my brand new Kindle praying all the time it would make the Gospel Library open. IT DID! I was so happy I almost cried! The songbook opens now too. My Kindle updated to Fire OS 6.3.1.2. The Gospel Library app is Version 5.3.2 . Everything works perfectly. Hope this helps someone else.
charlotterose40

Post by charlotterose40 »

Why can I no longer cast to my TV. Several months ago, something changed, and when I go thru the steps to cast conference talks from Gospel Library, it never goes past the message Ready to Cast. I can cast a conference talk from facebook. Yes I can and do listen to the talks on my phone, but I much prefer casting from my phone to the TV because of vision problems. My husband passed away in [...], and I receive much peace and comfort from listening to these conference talks. Please, please see if this problem can be removed. I am [...] years old, and [...]. I really would appreciate being able to watch conference talks again on my TV. I live in [...]. My home phone is [...] or cell is [...] if you need to contact me. Thank you for any assistance you can provide in this matter.

[Moderator edit: Removed information too personal to be posted to a public forum.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

charlotterose40 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:52 pm Why can I no longer cast to my TV. ...
Because this is a user-to-user discussion forum, there's no guarantee anyone with official expertise will see this thread. A local resource may be your best method to find a solution. You might ask your ward clerk, your ministering brothers/sisters, Relief Society or elders quorum leadership if they can recommend someone who could help. If there's nobody locally with the expertise to solve the problem, you could also use the 'Feedback' button or link on the app or Church website.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”