International Mission Funding

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
shatch1206

International Mission Funding

Post by shatch1206 »

I have a missionary located in Peru (I am in Arizona) that I will be supporting. I don't see any method available to submit direct funds into anther wards mission fund or a way to transfer ward mission funds to anther, specifically an international, ward. Thought I would reach out to find someone that might be able to Help.

Thanks,
SH
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: International Mission Funding

Post by lajackson »

shatch1206 wrote: I have a missionary located in Peru (I am in Arizona) that I will be supporting.
If the missionary left to serve from a ward in the U.S., this is easy to do. If the missionary is serving from an international ward, there is not a way currently to do this online.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: International Mission Funding

Post by jdlessley »

There are four units identified with a serving missionary. The home unit, the submitting unit, the funding unit, and the membership unit. All four units can be the same unit. From the little information you provided it appears the funding unit is not your unit. Otherwise, when you select the down arrow in the Ward Missionary Fund drop-down list box of the online donations page you would see your missionary's name. Speak with your bishop about making your unit the funding unit since you apparently are willing to accept financial responsibility for the missionary. Once this is done your missionary will appear in the Ward Missionary Fund drop-down list box.

If your unit is not going to be the funding unit and the missionary's funding unit is in the United States you will need to get the unit number of the funding unit. Then when you click the 'Missionary in Other Ward or Branch' in the Ward Missionary Fund drop-down list box you can designate the unit to show the missionary names serving from that unit and select your missionary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”