Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Post by jdlessley »

Sorry I was thinking about 11-year-olds turning 12 since this thread is about that issue. The issue you are reporting is new and unrelated to this thread. But it could have some similar reasons for happening.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Related or not, it's all part of the big year end class advancement snafu.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

garystroble wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 pm I had to manually move 7 year olds turning 8 in 2022 to Activity Boys and Activity Girls tonight. There is no default to do this, so I had to add them to those activity classes. Obviously reports of the software being fixed are premature.
I don't remember anyone reporting that the issue was fixed. There are a couple of engineers that have been working on different pieces of this. Once we are sure that the issue we ran into in our initial test has been corrected, we will run a process that clean up class assignments for children and youth that were not properly advanced.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I guess there were a few premature, erroneous reports that it was fixed above in this thread, sorry.
steveahanson

Post by steveahanson »

Hi Tech Support: I have tried to move the 11 from Activity days to Young Woman, but when I click on the individual's names it will not provide an option to move them out of the primary. I followed the direction provided above in the chain, but it is not responding the way described above.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

steveahanson wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 am Hi Tech Support: I have tried to move the 11 from Activity days to Young Woman, but when I click on the individual's names it will not provide an option to move them out of the primary. I followed the direction provided above in the chain, but it is not responding the way described above.
Just to set/clarify expectations, this is not 'Tech Support'. This is a user-to-user discussion forum. Almost everyone participating here is doing so in a unofficial capacity. If you need official 'tech support', please ask through official channels: ward clerk, stake clerk, Church headquarters support channels. The 'Feedback' button can often be a useful official support channel.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

steveahanson wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 am I have tried to move the 11 from Activity days to Young Woman, but when I click on the individual's names it will not provide an option to move them out of the primary. I followed the direction provided above in the chain, but it is not responding the way described above.
What is your calling? I know it's available to the Ward clerk. Not so sure about Primary/YW leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cchang

Post by cchang »

Any update if the auto move has been fixed or resolved? I had a Primary who turned 12 back on Jan. 2nd and has still not been automatically moved to Young Women. Or should we proceed with the manual move for now since we don't know how long tech support will resolve this?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I would move them manually now.
cosimpson

Post by cosimpson »

Is there no other way to do this for the young women moving from primary to YW? Should I wait for the system to correct?
Last edited by cosimpson on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Membership Help”