Baptism and Confirmation Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eblood66

Re: Baptism and Confirmation Records

Post by eblood66 »

You need to read and follow the instructions in Handbook 1 Section 16.1.10 for what to do if an ordinance is invalid.
flambert

Post by flambert »

There is a young lady who was baptized when she was eight. It was never recorded by their clerk. Father baptized her and confirmed her. There is no record that the young lady was baptized, or that the ordinance was performed. Suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

flambert wrote:There is a young lady who was baptized when she was eight. It was never recorded by their clerk. Father baptized her and confirmed her. There is no record that the young lady was baptized, or that the ordinance was performed. Suggestions?
The answer is found in Handbook 1: 16.1.10.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
renerodriguez89

Post by renerodriguez89 »

Hello, My name is Rene' Rodriguez and I was baptized [in] 1997 by . . . (my uncle) and he also confirmed me a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the same day. How do I go about getting a copy of these records for my file? Can you help?
Last edited by lajackson on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Details removed. This is a public forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

renerodriguez89 wrote:How do I go about getting a copy of these records for my file?
Your ward clerk will be able to help you with these things.
mhailstone

Post by mhailstone »

We recently had a convert baptism. It looks like the missionaries created a new member record for the individual, but we actually had a record for the individual. How should I reconcile the duplicate records?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If the record you had was for a child of record that did not get baptized until after 9 years of age then Contact the Global Service Department (GSD) to have them merge the two records. If you created a record thinking you should create the record and then found out the missionaries followed normal procedures then cancel/delete the record you created. However, if there were donations made using the record you created then consult with the GSD to merge the records just as you would for the child of record situation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”