Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Re: Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Post by davesudweeks »

cosimpson wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:52 am Is there no other way to do this for the young women moving from primary to YW? Should I wait for the system to correct?
They should have moved automatically by now, but it has been reported elsewhere in the forum that the programming has been challenging this year. If I were you, I would move them manually. The system should show the YW who are not currently "in their correct class" and moving them manually is not especially difficult nor time consuming.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:19 pm
cosimpson wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:52 am Is there no other way to do this for the young women moving from primary to YW? Should I wait for the system to correct?
They should have moved automatically by now, but it has been reported elsewhere in the forum that the programming has been challenging this year. If I were you, I would move them manually. The system should show the YW who are not currently "in their correct class" and moving them manually is not especially difficult nor time consuming.
You can wait for the system to correct it, but I'm not sure exactly when that will happen. The bug we uncovered would have made things much worse, so we opted for bad instead of really bad. Once we know that that has been fixed, we will update anyone who hasn't already been moved into the correct class.
cchang

Post by cchang »

Is this tech bug affecting new membership records from being displayed also? We recently had a new member baptism age >8 yrs old but I am still not seeing their records. It's possible the mission office has not created it yet but just wondering if this is affecting new membership records also.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

cchang wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:39 am Is this tech bug affecting new membership records from being displayed also? We recently had a new member baptism age >8 yrs old but I am still not seeing their records. It's possible the mission office has not created it yet but just wondering if this is affecting new membership records also.
Not sure if you are aware, but the ward can now create records themselves, provided all the paperwork has been processed. If memory serves me, this has been an option for at least two years.

We now insist on doing the record creation ourselves, as it once took three months for the mission office to create a record after a baptism!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

cchang wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:39 am Is this tech bug affecting new membership records from being displayed also? We recently had a new member baptism age >8 yrs old but I am still not seeing their records. It's possible the mission office has not created it yet but just wondering if this is affecting new membership records also.
The mission office can be a bit slow at times (in my experience) and sometimes that is due to the missionaries not passing the baptism form to them in a timely manner. Before you create a record on your own, I recommend you check with the mission to see where they are in the process so duplicate records don't get created.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

No. This only affects reassignment to new classes at the beginning of the year.
steveahanson

Post by steveahanson »

I am a ward clerk and it does not allow me or the Bishopric to move the 11 turning 12 from activity days to YM/YW.
steveahanson

Post by steveahanson »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:22 pm
steveahanson wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 am I have tried to move the 11 from Activity days to Young Woman, but when I click on the individual's names it will not provide an option to move them out of the primary. I followed the direction provided above in the chain, but it is not responding the way described above.
What is your calling? I know it's available to the Ward clerk. Not so sure about Primary/YW leaders.
Ward clerk and asked the bishopric to try with no luck.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

steveahanson wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:13 am I am a ward clerk and it does not allow me or the Bishopric to move the 11 turning 12 from activity days to YM/YW.
That's odd. How are you trying to do it?

Has the members in question been baptized? Have you verified by looking at their birthdate they will turn 12 this year? (Born 2010)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

steveahanson wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:13 am I am a ward clerk and it does not allow me or the Bishopric to move the 11 turning 12 from activity days to YM/YW.
Try removing them from the Primary Activity Days class and then move them to YM/YW.

Return to “Membership Help”