tithing statement for deceased family member

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
jjfonoimoana

tithing statement for deceased family member

Post by jjfonoimoana »

My father passed away this past year. I am the executor of his estate. How do I get a copy of his donation history for tax purposes?
--[email removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: tithing statement for deceased family member

Post by russellhltn »

Contact the ward clerk of the ward he attended.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harrisd2

Post by harrisd2 »

Talked to financial clerk. No information pulled up under her name. They declared her as passing.
In there a church office number a member could call?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harrisd2 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:51 pm Talked to financial clerk. No information pulled up under her name. They declared her as passing.
How did she donate? if it was on-line, then it's possible she checked the box to not print her statement. If so, then her statement wouldn't be included in the PDF the ward got, but should still be able to pull it up via other means.

However, if she used an account that didn't have her MRN, the ward wouldn't have anything on it. You'd need to use her account to get the statement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

It's also possible the deceased member donated directly to Church headquarters. I would ask the Bishop of his ward about this and if that is the case, you should contact the Global Service Center for starters. You can get their contact number from your ward clerk. The GSC would also be able to help you get a copy of regular donations to the ward I would think.
schrist2

Post by schrist2 »

I'm a Ward Clerk and this forum doesn't help with the subject. I'm still not able to pull up a deceased persons tithing for their family to do taxes.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

schrist2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:57 pm I'm a Ward Clerk and this forum doesn't help with the subject. I'm still not able to pull up a deceased persons tithing for their family to do taxes.
Often when the "Forum doesn't help with the subject", it's because the members who are participating on the Forum at the current time, probably don't have personal experience with that particular situation. It's much more user-to-user help and discussion, and not any form of tech support. Did you try the suggestion in the post before yours, to try calling the GSC? You should have their number as ward clerk.

And if GSC does help resolve this, it's always helpful to return to the Forum and post that information. That way your experience can help others who come here looking for Forum help.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

schrist2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:57 pm I'm a Ward Clerk and this forum doesn't help with the subject. I'm still not able to pull up a deceased persons tithing for their family to do taxes.
Was the deceased person a member of your ward? If so, look in LCR > Finance > Tithing declaration > Donor Statements > Generate a Statement > Previous Year > slide down and click on the box for the person you need the statement for > Generate Statement > click on and create a PDF of the statement > print the PDF

If the person was not a member of your ward, the family will need to approach the bishop of the ward the deceased lived in or contact the GSC.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”