Android Gospel Library is very glitchy and I just want a huge playlist of general conference. What's the easiest way?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
n_tech

Android Gospel Library is very glitchy and I just want a huge playlist of general conference. What's the easiest way?

Post by n_tech »

Hello,

Goal: I want is a huge OFFLINE playlist on my phone, like a folder full of general conference speeches so I could hit shuffle and just listen for hours while working, driving or walking around, without having to touch or look at my phone.

I have tried so many times to use the gospel library app on my Samsung Android device to download general conference and the scriptures. It is simply not reliable. Note: I only use wifi, i choose to NOT have a data plan on my device. However, this should not matter to the gospel library app but sadly it does. For example, Use I tried using the download audio to download general conference or scriptures. Verify under settings that the files were indeed downloaded. Then later, when not connected to wifi, try to play them. Sometimes it works, sometimes absolutely nothing happens, and sometimes the text to speech engine takes over and I hear the awful robot generated speech.

What I really want is a huge playlist on my phone, like a folder full of general conference speeches so I could hit shuffle and just listen a lot while driving or walking around.
I really don't want to have to be constantly downloading single or groups of audio files in the glitchy gospel library app to acccomplish this.

I was able to find the church posts files of the standard works at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/med ... s?lang=eng , so I easily downloaded all of them at once into a folder on my phone.

Where or how can I download general conference talks as easily as the standard works? Currently downloading one at a time from the general conference pages, which is ridiculous.

Or what other suggestions does the community have for me to accomplish my goal?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”