Sign in error on gospel library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
TrinaSaiaM

Sign in error on gospel library

Post by TrinaSaiaM »

Hi,
I have downloaded the latest gospel library app as of today may 13 2020 and have successfully logged into my church account on the website. When I use the same password and same username I have used on the website I get a message “sign in error......” saying I have entered the wrong combination of username and password. I called a global service agent and he tried to help me, he asked me to copy and paste the username and password he said try to make sure the username is the same is in the same capitalization as in the website but that it’s probably not case sensitive. I successfully logged into my church account on safari on duck duck go and still cannot sign into my gospel library app. Anyone know anything else? He gave me this forum and also an email gospelstudyapp@gmail.com to send my grievance to. I just want to get logged into my app because I use it all the time and have a journal.

Mahalo and malo aupito,

Trina Makaafi
trinasammakaafi@gmail.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sign in error on gospel library

Post by russellhltn »

Does your password contain anything except letters and numbers?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TrentNeel

Post by TrentNeel »

I'm having the same error since upgrading to version 5.7.1 11519. The same error message occurs for my iPad and iPhone ("Wrong username and password combination"). I have tried the following with no success: uninstalled and reinstalled the app; changing my password to strings with and without special characters; and changing my username. Everything is working fine on my wife's devices since her upgrade to 5.7.1.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

This happens to me too. For me, if I sign in and it works, it signs in only until you restart the app, even though it still shows the sign-in button. After restarting the app, I sometimes can’t sign in for another hour or two. Otherwise, I can just sign in without any errors.

I reported this to the Gospel Library team and they said that it sometimes helps to change your username, although when I did this, it wouldn’t let me sign in at all anywhere on my phone, including the Church website and all other apps, JUST ON MY PHONE, until I changed my username back.
Jeremy 🎶
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jeromeR wrote:Same problems here. I tried signing in on my Android phone and my iPad and both returned the feedback that username and password are invalid but the same username and password works for logging in via the website.

I was trying to sync my notes in my Gospel Library app without any success. I've been trying to access this now for the past 3 weeks. It is 5/28/20 as I type this note. Any clarification or guidance would be helpful.

I've reinstalled the Gospel Library App twice on each device. I've also requested via Gospel Library app for password assistance but have not received any emails to my account with instructions.
Have you tried changing your password at Account.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to see if that fixes it?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd also make sure your password is just plain letters and numbers - no punctuation. Punctuation, symbols or other extended characters may not be getting encoded the same way by the app causing the password to fail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

They recently released an update for Gospel Library, 5.7.2, that should have fixed the issue.
Jeremy 🎶
klricks

Post by klricks »

I had a similar issue with GL for Windows 10. What fixed it for me is to make sure to logout from all church sites including this forum (close browser).
Then start GL and sign in from the app settings menu. After that GL worked properly even when the sign in was initiated from different sources such as LCR.
Assistant Ward Clerk
Gabriele

Post by Gabriele »

Ever since the update I have a sign in problem. Two people share my ipad. We can no longer switch between users. It will only let one of us sign in and when signing out, the other user name comes up as 'invalid username'. We deleted the app and re-downloaded it, but nada. Although the other family members can still sign into the website with their username and password. It should be an easy developer fix to be able to sign out and sign in with another account, switching accounts. Not every family has an ipad for each child....
vicksslc

Post by vicksslc »

I have the same issue. Whenever I change password It takes the gospel library app a few days to catch up. I'm not sure if the password database updates every night or something, but it is not instant. I changed my password last night I can't log in to gospel library app today.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”