Office 365 for Nonprofits

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
drepouille

Re: Office 365 for Nonprofits

Post by drepouille »

Bishopric members come and go. Are you suggesting they all share a common software license on their personal devices?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Bishopric members come and go. Are you suggesting they all share a common software license on their personal devices?
Office 365 is cloud-based and uses logins for each individual to manage the license. As long as each individual is their own "named user", then I don't see a problem with that. That's using it as how it is intended to be used.

As callings change, old users are dropped and new users are added. The monthly bill is based on the number of named users. Think of it as individual licenses with centralized billing.

The real question is where do you draw the line? Can you get by with just the bishopric and no assistant clerks? Or will this experience "scope creep" until you have the entire ward council on there? $5 per user per month gets expensive fast.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I noticed Office 365 was an option in the provisioning tool, and that's what's being installed in the computer setup instructions example. But it doesn't install a licensed copy; are they supporting this in some way or is that just a convenience they provide if you decide to get your own license?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:I noticed Office 365 was an option in the provisioning tool, and that's what's being installed in the computer setup instructions example. But it doesn't install a licensed copy; are they supporting this in some way or is that just a convenience they provide if you decide to get your own license?
I haven't looked at the tool in a long time. It may not be just for unit computers. That option might be there to provision employee computers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

russellhltn wrote:I haven't looked at the tool in a long time. It may not be just for unit computers. That option might be there to provision employee computers.
Good point, it is a universal installer.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
ephraimzamora

Post by ephraimzamora »

Any update today? Looking to see if a bishopric can use office specifically for office, cloud, and teams.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you looked into the free on-line Office? Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more for free with Office on the web.

I think all you need is a free Microsoft account.

scrubscrout

Post by scrubscrout »

Any updates to this? The fee online Microsoft 365 accounts don't include Microsoft Teams. There are however nonprofit accounts available with an application:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microso ... nd-pricing
Any suggestions on this?
Being able to use Microsoft Teams would replace our current use of Slack, Calendly, and Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs. Using Teams would make our digital collaborations more efficient.

Return to “Clerk Computers”