Deceased member still showing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mamouneym wrote:This is fine but he had been dead for many years so it is not like we can even remove him from the membership records in MLS because he was never there in the first place.
While there is no member record for a non-member spouse there is information on the member spouse's record. If the member desires, the deceased spouse can be removed from his/her record by terminating the marriage. Essentially a civil marriage is terminated at the death of a spouse. Another alternative is to contact LUS to have the non-member spouse data suppressed. This will remove the data from all online applications.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:This will remove the data from all online applications.

But not from LDS Tools on the iPod Touch. It seems there is still a glitch with the listing of families in the directory. The erroneous data (i.e., deceased spouse information in our case) appears in the duplicate and triplicate entries that have not gone away. In my current situation, the deceased spouse was a member and the information seems completely gone from everything except LDS Tools.

It would be nice if this bug in the app were to be fixed.
kristaanncook

Re: Deceased member still showing

Post by kristaanncook »

My husband died over two years ago. His name was swiftly removed from the ward directory and only my name is present now. However, there are two problems:

1. He still shows up as my spouse on my digital membership information with what his current age would be if he was still alive.
2. I am still getting "Official Tax Statement"s from the Church for him. This is the second year I've received them for which it is not appropriate to do so.

There is a problem obviously, but I don't know what it is. My current Ward Clerk is new so the initial problem didn't happen on his watch. If you can shed some light on this problem or recommend what he should do, please post a reply and I will direct the new Ward Clerk to your replies.

Thanks very much!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”