Missionary AreaBook App

felipedds

Re: Missionary AreaBook App

Post by felipedds »

Right now, we are in process of transfers and we have a problem organizing one of the zones in our mission. We have a companionship that we are trying to reassign to a new zone, but is not working properly because the information can not be seen by the area leaders area leaders (bishop, stake president) in the area. In spite of that the mission leaders (zone leaders, district leader) can see it. The problem can be happening because the area of the companionship is part of a different district by church organization.
I wonder if you know how to help me figure it out...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't really know how the system works for transferring missionaries, but are you talking about ward and stake leaders being able to see the missionaries in LDS Tools and the LDS.org Directory? I wonder if a missionary's membership privacy settings come into play at all.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

felipedds wrote:The problem can be happening because the area of the companionship is part of a different district by church organization.
Can you explain this a little more? That sounds like an issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

felipedds wrote:The problem can be happening because the area of the companionship is part of a different district by church organization.
It sounds as if the zone is not assigned to the proper district. Are you able to change that at the mission office, or do you need to ask your Facilities Management Group or your Area Office to put the zone in the proper district? I believe that will solve the visibility problem for the companionship.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Actually, I suspect the zone hasn't been assigned to the proper wards. That's why the Bishops and Stake Presidents can see it - the system doesn't know that their unit(s) belong to that zone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jason_Bourne

Post by Jason_Bourne »

I have been searching for a file directory on online areabook. I am a missionary and am building a script that will check the investigators of every area and check if any of them have not been reported as baptized, when they have been reported in our weekly reports. I seem to be stuck at finding the right url to call in order to pull up another areas list of investigators. Does anyone know of a file path or another way to pull this information. I have user rights to access. Thanks!
benfobert

Post by benfobert »

My son is a new missionary in Mexico and his trainer doesn’t know how to use the areabook app. The trainer is a great guy but is extremely disorganized and my son wants to use areabook to become more organizer and effective. He’s having trouble because the app is in Spanish and he doesn’t know the language well enough yet. Is there a way for him to change the language to English temporarily?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

benfobert wrote:My son is a new missionary in Mexico and his trainer doesn’t know how to use the areabook app. The trainer is a great guy but is extremely disorganized and my son wants to use areabook to become more organizer and effective. He’s having trouble because the app is in Spanish and he doesn’t know the language well enough yet. Is there a way for him to change the language to English temporarily?
What language is his device in? I don't know about the Area Book app specifically, but most mobile apps show UI strings – buttons, titles, menus, etc. – in the language of the device. So, he may be able to switch his device language to English.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jaromkaiser

Post by jaromkaiser »

I have currently seen several problems with the Area Book of different areas. For example the error appears when trying to syncronize the information. The error is ¨no se puede verificar si hay un traslado¨ Weve had this problem for several days now.

Return to “Mobile Applications”