Notice to STS - Using Zoom Webinars...

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
gafiero

Re: Notice to STS - Using Zoom Webinars...

Post by gafiero »

We have found that setting on repeating meeting and using it for all of the meeting in the Stake conference makes it easier for members to log on, we use no passcode to further simplify the process. Most members now have smart phone and zoom is easy to down load and use, we have offered a short class for members who have needed training and assistance in loading zoom and logging on.

We have done the last 3 stake conf's with zoom.

Hope this helps.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

vlc22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:46 pm Yes, I am aware of all this. I have been trying to figure out ways to get better audio and QoS with Zoom for weeks.

The bottom line is that any little thing can cause problems with Zoom QoS. The Meeting Webcast and YouTube do not have these stability issues. I am trying to figure out how to make the Zoom webinar work, but it is a lousy platform to work with.
Did you see much of an improvement?

As far as I can tell, it's the latency factor. Zoom is basically in real time and there is no buffer to speak of.
Switching from wireless to wired Ethernet can really help.
Other options if you're struggling is to reduce video quality on the feed to give more bandwidth headroom.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

gafiero wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:36 pm We have found that setting on repeating meeting and using it for all of the meeting in the Stake conference makes it easier for members to log on, we use no passcode to further simplify the process. Most members now have smart phone and zoom is easy to down load and use, we have offered a short class for members who have needed training and assistance in loading zoom and logging on.

We have done the last 3 stake conf's with zoom.

Hope this helps.
I believe all meetings have passwords now?

We set up recurring meetings but when we transitioned to the central Salt Lake provided zoom account passwords were added to all of our meetings.

How have you circumvented that? Do you have a church provided or a separate zoom account?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Wattsuk wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:49 am I believe all meetings have passwords now?
Yes. If you do not use a password, Zoom defaults by moving everyone into the waiting room and you have to allow them to enter the meeting manually.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”