How to record baby blessing when neither parent is a member?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
erik.johansen

How to record baby blessing when neither parent is a member?

Post by erik.johansen »

A baby was blessed in our ward, but neither parent is a member, or on our list. I can enter that the blessing happened and create a new record for the baby, but doing that makes the baby the head of household.

I feel weird having a 1 year old as a head of household though. Is there a way to add the parents in tools one of them can head of household?

Or should I just print off a certificate and not create a new record? Can I do that through LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to record baby blessing when neither parent is a member?

Post by russellhltn »

The first issue is if permission has been given to have the blessing. Without that, it's a non-starter. I don't see it spelled out in the General Handbook, 18.6.3 says you need to prepare a form ahead of time. I think LCR will force you to upload the form with the parent's signatures.

Assuming all that is proper, then yes, you could have a child who is Head of Household. There's no way to add non-member parents.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: How to record baby blessing when neither parent is a member?

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:40 pm Assuming all that is proper, then yes, you could have a child who is Head of Household. There's no way to add non-member parents.
You will be asked to record the parent's information if you have it, but it will not put them in the household so as russlellhltn said the child will be the Head of Household.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”