Can I kick connected devices off of the Liahona Network?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
jihnen1982

Re: Can I kick connected devices off of the Liahona Network?

Post by jihnen1982 »

Thank you all for the input! @craigkehl, this is a great idea! The only major problem is that the majority of the people connecting to the network in this building are older and not very tech savvy. I can understand how this was a pain. Which is why I feel like it would be easier to just disable the APs to prevent new connections during the meetings. We are also looking at switch ISPs to get better upload speeds. 8Mps is super frustrating to try to deal with. Thanks again for all the suggestions!
jamiep39

Post by jamiep39 »

The idea with Liahona having the splash page/captive portal is that, even though those devices automatically connect, they don't actually get past the firewall until they accept the terms. If they never get on their device and accept the terms, their device will not have an internet connection via the meetinghouse wifi so it won't start syncing or anything in the background, even though it'll show as connected. They may have some affect on the wireless performance in the building, but shouldn't affect your internet speeds on the wired at all. I'd highly suggest hard wiring in these cases if you're not already.
Attila

Post by Attila »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:27 pm
russellhltn wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:31 am If you've disabled Lithonia and they're still connected, that suggests you have a rogue WiFi somewhere.
What's Lithonia?
The name of Nephi's ship. :D

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”