Site Is Not Working On Mobile Devices

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mtanquary

Site Is Not Working On Mobile Devices

Post by mtanquary »

I have a member in my stake that is experiencing a strange issue with the site that is happening when she tries to log in on either her iPhone or her iPad. Her daughter lives with her and uses the same types of devices without any issue. We have ruled out Safari (her daughter uses it) and Chrome is not working either. Tried running it in incognito mode to rule out any cache issues. I'm attaching a screenshot of what happens when she goes to the site. It looks like that and takes up the whole page and is not responsive to any input.
IMG_2210.PNG
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Site Is Not Working On Mobile Devices

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to check and make sure that it's not set to get "desktop sites".

At least, that's what Chrome on Android calls it. No idea what Safari might call that feature.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

We just ran into the same problem today at church. The brother’s phone was an iPhone 11. There was an iOS system update to 15.3.1 waiting, and installing it solved the problem.
MichaelRowan

Post by MichaelRowan »

Thank you so much! I’ve been having this issue for a couple of months and it’s driving me crazy! This is the only website I’m having issues with! Even when I click get “desktop website” it still has the stupid panel blocking everything. I literally can’t see what I’m typing right now because of it. I couldn’t actually read most of your post but did click on a corner of the picture and see it’s the same thing as me. I submitted feedback to the church and heard nothing after the initial we received it email.
I was wondering if I should update my phone and then forgot about that. I will give it a try!
I am a clerk of membership and haven’t been able to do my calling at church or when I’m out and about.
bonniewhitley

Post by bonniewhitley »

Same issue here. As a family history consultant have been unable to assist members on their phones for a long time. Will not access to make a temple appointment. Tried to give feedback but that led to community site instead of tech support. Trying to update IOS to 15.4.1 right now. Will let you know if that works.
bonniewhitley

Post by bonniewhitley »

Yay! The IOS update worked. Thanks all.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

bonniewhitley wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:01 pm Yay! The IOS update worked. Thanks all.
Thank you so much for letting us know that our suggestion worked for you! That is so satisfying!

Return to “Main Church Website”