Official announcement / policy on Lehi SSID usage?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
TChris67

Official announcement / policy on Lehi SSID usage?

Post by TChris67 »

I'm sure it was sent as an email at the time, and I have since deleted it. Is there somewhere I can view the original announcement and/or policy on the Lehi SSID? We have some folks arguing that Lehi should be generally available to the ward for smart devices, etc. Stake clerk and Stake President would like to see something official to avoid hard feelings if possible.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Official announcement / policy on Lehi SSID usage?

Post by russellhltn »

There may be something in the Official Communication Library, but for some reason, the letters from the Presiding Bishopric do not appear to the STS.

From TM: "The Lehi SSID is for local unit leaders only."

From the email sent to STS: "You now have the option to enable the Lehi wireless network (SSID). This will allow you to disable the Liahona SSID during the webcast of sacrament meeting or other important meetings but still provide a wireless network (Lehi) for other local unit leaders who are meeting in the same meetinghouse.
The passphrase must be updated for each meetinghouse where the Lehi SSID will be used. The passphrase should be shared only with unit leaders who are approved by the stake president. It must be updated every 90 days or it will automatically be disabled."

Why do people want access to Lehi? It's the same AP and uses the same internet connection. Is dealing with the splash screen really that much of a hardship?

Note that if access to Lehi is handed out generally, then when it's necessary to conserve bandwidth ALL WiFi will have to be shut off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TChris67

Post by TChris67 »

I understand the purpose and ramifications as you have pointed out, but we have a brother frustrated because he isn't being allowed to do what he likes with the network. I think he's starting to back down a little now, but having some official statements will help reach an understanding. Stake president has already told him No, so we're in the "But why?" phase at the moment. Thanks for your response. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It might be the filtering he's running up against. I'm not sure as Lehi would help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”