Child Record Form and New Records

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
tylerlybb

Child Record Form and New Records

Post by tylerlybb »

A couple questions.
1. Is it important to have a paper Child Record Form printed, filled out, signed and then kept in a file cabinet after a baby is blessed?
2. If I have the information needed to create the record, can I just skip the form and create the new record after the baby is blessed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Child Record Form and New Records

Post by russellhltn »

Someone will have more up to date information, but I believe you need to get some signatures. And that paper needs to be uploaded before you can create a record.

Personally, I'd keep the paperwork with the other membership information for the normal retention period. In the US, I think that's three years plus current.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:30 am Personally, I'd keep the paperwork with the other membership information for the normal retention period. In the US, I think that's three years plus current.
Membership retention period in the U.S. is one year or as needed. For the Child Record Form is used for both a baby blessing or creating a record without a blessing and should be retained for the one year or as needed time period.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:30 am Someone will have more up to date information, but I believe you need to get some signatures. And that paper needs to be uploaded before you can create a record.
Yes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 am Membership retention period in the U.S. is one year or as needed.
I was going by memory, and I was remembering the financial retention period. I tried to find the retention for membership and the best I could do was General Handbook 33.9.2 which says "only as long as they are needed for administrative, legal, and historical purposes", and to ask GSD if there's any question. I could not find anything in the Help Center.

I certainly wouldn't discard it as soon as it was uploaded. Too much risk of some kind of malfunction losing it. Personally, I'd at least hang on to it for a month or two to make sure the whole process has worked itself out. Until the next membership audit (assuming it's at least a month away) wouldn't be a bad idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”