Ancestry and LDS Account

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
jkfurgo

Re: Ancestry and LDS Account

Post by jkfurgo »

My daughter has a familysearch.org account. I am trying to set her up with her free Ancestry account through the Partner Access. When I follow the steps, I reach this page - https://www.familysearch.org/partner/access-denied and the message says "Thank you for your interest, but at this time you do not qualify for this offer." Is it because she is 11 she is not allowed to have an Ancestry.com account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From How do I set up my Ancestry account?
Youth younger than 13 cannot create a free account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
carolshoemaker

newspapers.com via ancestry.com

Post by carolshoemaker »

I have linked ancestry.com to my FamilySearch account - works beautifully.

When within ancestry.com i am trying to view an obit in newspapers.com and newspapers.com states I need a Premium Ancestry account to access their records.

Is the LDS ancestry.com account just bare bones basic or is there a premium option for us members to where we can view ancestry.com's partner websites as well?

[/url]
themom wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 am It seems that I have less access to much of the information available on ancestry than previously. In order to get ALL of the access on ancestry do I need to subscribe for a Premium account?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Access to the Premium sites is only accessible in a Church Family History Centre.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

What is the difference in a regular Ancestry account and a Premium account?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zaneclark wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:23 pm What is the difference in a regular Ancestry account and a Premium account?
Information about the regular Ancestry accounts can be found here:
https://www.ancestry.com/cs/offers/subscribe
Newspapers.com requires the "All Access" account.

Information about the Church of Jesus Christ Ancestry accounts can be found here:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Church-of-Jesus-Christ-Ancestry-Membership?language=en_US
(It's not clear if the Church of Jesus Christ Ancestry account is equivalent to one of the standard Ancestry accounts, but it's not equivalent to the "All Access" account.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From a negotiation standpoint, when the church is making a deal with Ancestry, adding in a third party like Newspapers.com would complicate things and drive up the expense.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”