Creating Membership Records for New Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Creating Membership Records for New Members

Post by lajackson »

The mission office is no longer responsible for creating the membership record of a new member who is taught by the missionaries. The ward clerk does it. Details are in a Notice dated today (March 31, 2022) from the Office of the Presiding Bishopric Membership Department.

There is much more in the Notice than simply creating the membership record. The ward council should review the new Notice and become familiar with the principles and processes it outlines.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Creating Membership Records for New Members

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:55 pm Details are in a Notice dated today (March 31, 2022) from the Office of the Presiding Bishopric Membership Department.
I just wonder how many are affected by the bug that prevents people from seeing "letters" from the Presiding Bishopric.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:01 pm
lajackson wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:55 pm Details are in a Notice dated today (March 31, 2022) from the Office of the Presiding Bishopric Membership Department.
I just wonder how many are affected by the bug that prevents people from seeing "letters" from the Presiding Bishopric.
I am sure we will find out soon enough. It is a Notice. It was loaded properly at the Official Communication Library. It should work for most.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

For clarity, the notice came out today, March 31, 2022.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I can see the notice if I use the all category, but if I choose Presiding Bishopric then it disappears. I wonder if it is related to the Missionary Department text added on the end of the from.
Edit: It does show up under Notices if I use that filter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:30 am I can see the notice if I use the all category, but if I choose Presiding Bishopric then it disappears. I wonder if it is related to the Missionary Department text added on the end of the from.
Edit: It does show up under Notices if I use that filter.
I don't see it at all. (Probably doesn't apply to me). Nor do I have a Missionary Department filter.

My complaint is if I select Presiding Bishopric I get "No documents were found".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:51 pm For clarity, the notice came out today, March 31, 2022.
Thanks. I fixed the date in my original post.

Return to “Membership Help”