Missionary Dinner Calendar - Online

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
shericrown

Missionary Dinner Calendar - Online

Post by shericrown »

Our Ward is using a great tool to facilitate scheduling/hosting our missionaries for dinner. The website was created by Justin Sirois, info@missionarydinnercalendar.com. My Ward's direct link is https://2nd.missionarydinnercalendar.com/, but each Ward has the option of a unique link using the domain of "missionarydinnercalendar.com" It's VERY easy to use and members can sign up on the site, as well as circulating a printed version during Sunday meetings.

The only problem is the site is blocked from the missionaries to access. So, we send them a weekly update by creating a pdf version of the printed format. How can we work with the Church to whitelist this domain for the missionary's easy communication, updates, changes, etc?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary Dinner Calendar - Online

Post by sbradshaw »

Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

shericrown wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:05 pm The only problem is the site is blocked from the missionaries to access. So, we send them a weekly update by creating a pdf version of the printed format. How can we work with the Church to whitelist this domain for the missionary's easy communication, updates, changes, etc?
The two best options would be for the developer to approach the Church or for the mission president to make a request through his reporting channels.
v_hugodasilva

Post by v_hugodasilva »

Aqui em minha ala a soc soc da estaca que organiza o almoço missionário
kkahara

Post by kkahara »

The missing functionality of the calendar was to inform full-time missionaries who signed had signed up to feed them on a regular basis. Full-time missionaries weren't allowed to visit the website so our dinner coordinator gave them a weekly update . The problem was that last minute sign-ups were often missed. So I created an app to scan the website and send a daily text message to the missionaries informing the next day's appoint look like the following:

I have received great reviews from the missionaries that I worked with. I have made it generic that any ward can use it. To enble this feature, please visit https://1000texts.ddns.net/#/missionary
Attachments
missionary-sample-text1.png
(11.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
missionary-sample-text2.png
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

scgallafent wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:19 pm
shericrown wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:05 pm The only problem is the site is blocked from the missionaries to access. So, we send them a weekly update by creating a pdf version of the printed format. How can we work with the Church to whitelist this domain for the missionary's easy communication, updates, changes, etc?
The two best options would be for the developer to approach the Church or for the mission president to make a request through his reporting channels.
I have reached out to the Church directly multiple times and was ultimately directed that mission presidents would be the correct channel. They are responsible for submitting website requests on behalf of their respective missions. What I'm unclear on is if a granted request would only apply to that specific mission, or if once granted it would work worldwide.
I welcome anyone to submit a request through their mission president in order to see if approval might be possible.
Try these free tools:
MissionaryDinnerCalendar.com - Online calendar for members to sign up and feed the missionaries in your ward.
CallingManager.com - Tool to visualize and manage callings in a ward
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

jds580s wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:25 am What I'm unclear on is if a granted request would only apply to that specific mission, or if once granted it would work worldwide.
I have access to the servicenow articles, and it appears that approved websites are granted worldwide (unlike apps which are for specific missions)
Christian Rogers
shericrown

Post by shericrown »

Thank you all for your feedback! I'll talk with the missionaries and Mission President to have the site submitted for use.

Return to “Links & Resources”