Sealing Clearance - Letter(s) from former Spouse(s)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brent.taft

Sealing Clearance - Letter(s) from former Spouse(s)

Post by brent.taft »

Hello,

I am working to help a member of my ward be sealed to his current wife. He had a previous marriage and sealing that has been cancelled. I am needing help finding the template for the letter(s) from the former spouse(s).

From the 'Overview" section it has the following as part of the instructions:
"Request a letter from the former sealed spouse by certified mail or a valid email address. A letter template will be provided later in this application process that the bishop will use to ask the former spouse to provide a letter."

But, I never see in any of the later steps the template. Can someone help me?

thanks,

-BT
BrianEdwards

Re: Sealing Clearance - Letter(s) from former Spouse(s)

Post by BrianEdwards »

Take a look at this post in this similar Thread:
Where to find template letter
If you've still got questions, try reading the entire thread, you're not alone in wondering how to find this!
brent.taft

Post by brent.taft »

BrianEdwards wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:35 pm Take a look at this post in this similar Thread:
Where to find template letter
If you've still got questions, try reading the entire thread, you're not alone in wondering how to find this!
Hello, thank you for replying. I did review that entire thread and didn't find the instructions for the Sealing CLEARANCE, not cancellation, from a former spouse.

I did find a template for the APPLICANT, not the former spouse. It was found in the "Bishop's Section - Supporting Documentation"

The questions for the applicant are definitely directed for the applicant, and not the former spouse to which we are asking clearance from.

Any other ideas?, Otherwise, I suppose I will call CHQ, as I have already talked with my Stake President.

thanks, again!

-BT
mhaberma

Post by mhaberma »

I have the same problem. Am also in the process of working with a sister through the application of sealing cancellation and can't find the template to the former spouse..

Did you find a solution to the problem?
brent.taft

Post by brent.taft »

I am trying to remember, but it seems like I am remembering that it was not needed in my scenario, but the web app doesn't filter that out, if I remember correctly.

I did end up calling CHQ/Off. of The First Presidency. I think I remembering it was not needed for sealing clearance?

I would suggest going ahead and calling to get specific direction for your situation.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It's been a few years ago, but when I went thru the process they did need a letter from my former spouse.
brent.taft

Post by brent.taft »

jonesrk wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 pm It's been a few years ago, but when I went thru the process they did need a letter from my former spouse.
I should have kept a detailed journal about what steps needed to be taken. We may have needed a letter from the former spouse, but no template was provided, if we did.

Return to “General Discussions”