Search is not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sophiebatemann

Search is not working

Post by sophiebatemann »

i have an iphone 8 and im using the gospel library app on my phone. everything works except for it doesnt let me search up any scriptures and it doesnt show anything that is downloaded. it says i need an internet connection but im always connected to the internet.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Search is not working

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you seeing a "No Content" message on the screen that normally has the list of library sections – Jesus Christ, Scriptures, General Conference, Come, Follow Me, etc.?

If so, one thing you could try is switching to a different content language in Gospel Library settings, then deleting English by swiping it out of the "Downloaded" list, then switching back to English.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
marenkijeknaylor

Post by marenkijeknaylor »

I was having a similar issue and that solution worked for me! Thanks for the tip!
Do you know how to fix the fact that I can’t search the new general conference talks at all? Not even “on this page” is working for the new talks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

marenkijeknaylor wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:54 am I was having a similar issue and that solution worked for me! Thanks for the tip!
Do you know how to fix the fact that I can’t search the new general conference talks at all? Not even “on this page” is working for the new talks.
Find on page seems to be working for me in April 2022 General Conference. Do you have an example of a specific talk and a word you're trying to find? What version of Gospel Library do you have installed (Settings > App Details)?

You could try doing "Recreate Search Index" in Settings. Another thing you could try is deleting the conference (Library > General Conference > long-press "April 2022" > Remove) then redownloading it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”