Hours of GSC or GSD

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zaneclark

Hours of GSC or GSD

Post by zaneclark »

I need to call the GSC or GSD, (are they the same?) , and I need the hours when they are available. I have searched previous post and the wiki but can't find the answer.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Hours of GSC or GSD

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I need to call the GSC or GSD, (are they the same?) , and I need the hours when they are available. I have searched previous post and the wiki but can't find the answer.
The Global Service Center is open at different times for different purposes and in different languages. The Help Center provides quite a bit of detail for the IT portion of the GSC in this Help Center article.
Mitchell812

Post by Mitchell812 »

zaneclark wrote:I need to call the GSC or GSD, (are they the same?) , and I need the hours when they are available. I have searched previous post and the wiki but can't find the answer.
I also have this same question and i cannot find any proper answers on the internet and also here. need answer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mitchell812 wrote:need answer.
Read the post just before yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zaneclark wrote:I need to call the GSC or GSD, (are they the same?)
As far as I know there's no such thing as the GSD, only Global Service Center (GSC).
EDIT 16 Aug 2023: The Global Service Center has since been renamed to Global Services Department, so GSD is now correct.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

We used to call it the help desk, then they set up the global thing, and we called it the Global Service Desk (GSD). But they decided to get more fancy and settled on Center, instead. Hence, now the GSC (Global Service Center).

That's the history.
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

For what it's worth, the link posted above is no longer valid.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Here's an updated link: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... t?lang=eng

The link is probably only available for those with an appropriate calling (bishopric, exec sec, clerk or equivalents for stake, branch or district). Anyone else who needs this information should contact their ward or branch clerk.

Ironically for this thread, the name is now the Global Services Department (GSD).
kmoser82

Post by kmoser82 »

Takes some hunting but finally found it.
https://lds.service-now.com/gsc?lang=eng

Global Services Department - United States
Hours of Operation
MON: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
TUE: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
WED: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
THU: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
FRI: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SAT: Closed
SUN: Closed
Telephone Support
xxx-xxx-xxxx (Salt Lake City area) [number redacted]
xxx-xxx-xxxx (Toll Free) [number redacted]
Email
mlssupport@ChurchofJesusChrist.org

[moderator note: We have been instructed not to publish the restricted numbers in the Forum. Users are requested to contact their unit clerk, the first level of support, so he can help them. If he cannot help then the number will be given to them.]
Last edited by jdlessley on Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: redact restricted telephone numbers
KFerguson

Post by KFerguson »

Yes, it can be confusing about hours of operation. The hours for Global service center will be operating hours for Salt Lake.
Eg from Australia if I wanted to phone the Center which is open 10am 2pm by phoning 0011-8008680 5640 and opening hours are shown as 10am - 2pm and those hours reflect Salt Lake time then I would need to phone as follows from Australia.
No good calling on our Monday as it is Sunday in America. You would call Tuesday - Wednesday- Thursday- Friday - Saturday to get them open.

I would get up at 2am in the morning to ring them at 10am. 3am to ring them 11am. 4am to ring them at 12pm. 5am to ring them at 1pm. 6am to ring them 2pm. Remember 2pm is the closing time of center. Hence phoning before that time will work better for you.
If I were to ring them at a time I thought was convenient I might ring them at a time when center is closed and hence get a answer machine.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 240&p2=220 you can click on this link and work out the time difference so you know best time to call. Unless the Global Center becomes a 24 hour service then we will need to adjust our call times to suit the opening hours of the center in Salt Lake City. People have to sleep there as well. A little messy for us but if we adjust our call times we should be able to get through.

Return to “General Discussions”