Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
bhoth

Re: Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Post by bhoth »

Is there any way to download the recorded voices so that when we are out of Internet service we can still listen to the recorded voices?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

davescott1 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:15 pm As I look through this topic I'm hoping there is a way in the gospel library to select something other than the synthetic voice generators for listening to the Scriptures and Liahona. The computer generated voices don't work for me at all. Hoping for more options?
I'm on Android but assume the same option exists in iOS. Navigate to the Book of Mormon and select the 3-dots menu. Then select download audio. Be aware that the audio is a big file.
bhoth

Post by bhoth »

Perfect thank you!
applegate3

Post by applegate3 »

I found a solution to not have to listen to that awful robo voice , just go to the app store and download just the BOM and you will get a very nice male voice , it's wonderful
LeslieShull

Post by LeslieShull »

As a visually challenged individual listening to the scriptures on regular speed play back increases my reading speed by 2 to 3 times. (According to my children and husband this is unusual in that for most people it decreases their reading speed.) Having the robotic read text is taking away my ability to concentrate on meaning and personal application. I am instead having to mentally correct the mispronunciation of individual words and names. These issues stop me from really being able to listen to the scriptures and truly feel the Spirit. I hope that there is in production a new audio version of at least the Book of Mormon. If not, please find a way to correct the pronunciation issues.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”