Circles "Access Removed"

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
cbriarnold

Circles "Access Removed"

Post by cbriarnold »

We have a youth that is getting the "Access Removed" message in circles. It asks to have them talk to the bishop. However, we don't know how to enable the access to the youth again. What can be done?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Circles "Access Removed"

Post by lajackson »

cbriarnold wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:34 pm We have a youth that is getting the "Access Removed" message in circles. It asks to have them talk to the bishop. However, we don't know how to enable the access to the youth again. What can be done?
I would suggest that the young man or woman talk to the bishop. I suspect that the bishop will be the one to help that youth gain access again.
cbriarnold

Post by cbriarnold »

lajackson wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:43 pm
cbriarnold wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:34 pm We have a youth that is getting the "Access Removed" message in circles. It asks to have them talk to the bishop. However, we don't know how to enable the access to the youth again. What can be done?
I would suggest that the young man or woman talk to the bishop. I suspect that the bishop will be the one to help that youth gain access again.
I am one of the bishop's counselors. He has no idea how to help the youth gain access. He asked me, if I would look into it. Thus the request for clarification here int he forums.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cbriarnold wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:26 pm He asked me, if I would look into it. Thus the request for clarification here int he forums.
As this is primarily user-to-user, we only know what's been revealed. ;)

I think this is a new one on us. At least, I haven't heard about it before.

A few guesses:
  • Their records are no longer in the ward.
  • The youth aged out or was otherwise removed from the group.
  • They're under some kind of formal probation - once recorded on their record, the access was cut off. (Doesn't sound likely)
  • Someone in a leadership position inadvertently kicked them out. We have had cases where messages were disappearing and it turned out to be a leader who thought they were only clearing their inbox and didn't realize it affected the whole group. Likewise, someone may be wanting to mute a few chatty individuals and didn't realize it cut off their access.
At least that's some ideas to explore.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cbriarnold wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:26 pm
lajackson wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:43 pm
I am one of the bishop's counselors. He has no idea how to help the youth gain access.
My next step if I were the bishop would be to call the Global Services Department. I can think of a few other reasons why the youth access would have been removed, and I believe the GSD would be able to explain why to the bishop.

Return to “Gospel Living App”