Sorting out our ward list

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gingepeedle

Sorting out our ward list

Post by gingepeedle »

Our ward list has 250 members on it but we get an average attendance of around 70. Some names have been on the ward list for years. What is the process we have to go through before we can move out/delete records from our ward list? In the past there was the Lost Sheep program.
davesudweeks

Re: Sorting out our ward list

Post by davesudweeks »

Unless it has changed since I served as ward clerk:
If the clerk attempts to move a member's record out with an "address unknown" flag, he will be presented with a list of things the church wants the ward council to check first. Things like checking with the neighbors to see if they know where the family moved to, checking social media, attempting to contact them via their last known phone number and/or email address, etc.

Once the ward/branch council has completed all the items and the bishop approves, the record can be moved out of the ward/branch.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The eight steps to find a member before moving the record out are also found in the Help Center article Move Records Out.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:08 am The eight steps to find a member before moving the record out are also found in the Help Center article Move Records Out.
Note to the OP: this article is restricted to certain callings. If you cannot view it, I'm sure your ward/branch clerk and members of the bishopric can.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You may also find this topic to be of interest. It is my understanding than once a record appears on the Lost Members list in LCR it is no longer counted in any of the unit statistics. The list is just an additional method for leaders to continue to try and find missing members.

Also note that this is a relatively new additional resource started within the last year. And a few months ago it was not yet available in the United States.

But davesudweeks describes how the process begins. I believe his information is still correct.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That Lost Members list is still not available to all units. It is not available in my stake.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”