Move Item from Building Calendar to Unit Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
danzapalac

Move Item from Building Calendar to Unit Calendar

Post by danzapalac »

As a building scheduler, I can usually change an event and move it from the building calendar to a unit calendar for any unit that meets in the relevant building, even though I don't generally have any rights to the unit calendar I'm moving the event onto. This comes in handy at times when someone makes a mistake and puts something on the building calendar that belongs to a ward. It is also useful at the beginning of the year to put all of the ward Sacrament meetings in for them.

My problem is that we have a unit that recently moved to a different building within the stake. I've been told by the stake clerk that everything has been updated on the back end so that this unit is now setup properly in the new location. On the surface, this appears to be the case, but I am unable to select this ward calendar when I try to change an item that is on the building calendar. I can select calendars from the other ward that meets in the same building. It seems like maybe something in the setup got missed with moving the ward, or something hasn't sync'd up yet, or something along those lines.

Does anyone have experience with this or related issues that can help? Who should I talk to and what should I tell them in order to get this corrected? Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Move Item from Building Calendar to Unit Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

danzapalac wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:02 pm I've been told by the stake clerk that everything has been updated on the back end so that this unit is now setup properly in the new location. On the surface, this appears to be the case, but I am unable to select this ward calendar when I try to change an item that is on the building calendar. I can select calendars from the other ward that meets in the same building. It seems like maybe something in the setup got missed with moving the ward, or something hasn't sync'd up yet, or something along those lines.
I'd check with FM to see if the new unit has been set up with their meeting location. I know the calendar system is sensitive to the database that FM maintains. Other on-line resources are not so sensitive to that particular database.

As a test, you might want to check the Meetinghouse locator and see if that ward appears there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danzapalac

Post by danzapalac »

I'd check with FM to see if the new unit has been set up with their meeting location. I know the calendar system is sensitive to the database that FM maintains. Other on-line resources are not so sensitive to that particular database.

As a test, you might want to check the Meetinghouse locator and see if that ward appears there.
Thanks for these suggestions. Per the stake clerk, the FM group has updated things on their end. I have verified that the ward shows up in the new building on the meetinghouse locator. They also show up by default as having rights to schedule the correct building when I look in the "Locations and Rooms" setup for the buildings in our stake. The ward name appears in the section with the heading "Units Who Can Schedule and Meet Here for Church | Assigned by Physical Facilities from Your Stake" for the appropriate building.

Any other ideas or suggestions?
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun May 08, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix broken quote tag
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Silly question - do they have any calendars? I think new wards are completely blank, but there's is/was a tool for setting up a number of default calendars.

It sounds like this is an existing ward moving to a new building, but I'm wondering if their calendars are still there and functional.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danzapalac

Post by danzapalac »

russellhltn wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:38 pm Silly question - do they have any calendars? I think new wards are completely blank, but there's is/was a tool for setting up a number of default calendars.

It sounds like this is an existing ward moving to a new building, but I'm wondering if their calendars are still there and functional.
You are correct, it is an existing ward that has moved to a different building. They do have a single calendar that was existing and is still in place and working. The ward clerk and a counselor in the bishopric have been using it and adding things to it. It just isn't visible to me when I go to edit an item on the building calendar. I do see and can select the calendars for the other ward that meets in this building when I edit an item on the building calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this point, I think you're going to have to open a ticket with support to flag the developers.

Return to “Calendar”