A bit more background:
- 1. As far as I am aware, the Zoom account was set up by the STS. Reportedly, he passed the information to someone in a previous bishopric, but we don't know who that was.
2. We don't know whether the Zoom account in question was connected with the general Church-Zoom partnership.
3. The email address that serves as the Zoom account's username is at gmail.com.
4. Because nobody ever (except to receive a Zoom verification code) uses the email address for actual email, the password at GMail has been forgotten. (Yes, we already tried the same password as for the Zoom account.)
5. So far, efforts to find out to whom the STS gave the GMail password have not yielded fruit.
6. So far, efforts to find any recovery email address for the GMail account have not yielded fruit.
7. Meeting broadcasting (to members specifically authorized by the bishop) continue using the Zoom app, but the current webinar series can be extended only via the Zoom website, not the app. (... and we're locked out of the Zoom website, because it requires a verification code sent to GMail.)
Are there any known methods to recover access to a ward Zoom account and switch it to a different email address (for which efforts will be made to retain the email password)?
Worst case is we would have to abandon that GMail email address and Zoom account and create new accounts.