Member Tools and Private infomation

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
rfrye

Member Tools and Private infomation

Post by rfrye »

I have members in my ward that do not wish to have their information set as private. In front of me, they changed it from private to visible to all ward members and saved it. We waited a few minutes. They did an update on their device, waited a few minutes and did an update on my device and it was still set to private. Then I went into the record and set to visible (I am the bishop), and was also unable to save it to the appropriate value.
In a series of tests, we tried going into other member records to toggle on and off the visibility and ended up locking a few more to private that we were unable to fix.
The ward clerk says this has been a problem with his ward for a number of years. For context, we were 2 units, that just merged to one unit. I was a bishop of one of the units, but am now the bishop of the new combined ward, but I changed unit numbers in the process. This was never a problem in my last ward, but seems to be a real problem in this new ward.
Have others run up against this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member Tools and Private infomation

Post by russellhltn »

We've hard reports of that happening, but nothing solid to chase down.

One thing to be aware of - you can't set an individual's privacy to be more open than the Household's. If the Household is set to "Private", nothing the induvial does will change that. They'll have to change their Household setting first.

If that's not the issue, I'd open a support ticket with GSD.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rfrye

Post by rfrye »

russellhltn wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:24 pm One thing to be aware of - you can't set an individual's privacy to be more open than the Household's. If the Household is set to "Private", nothing the induvial does will change that. They'll have to change their Household setting first.
Wow. It was that simple. Just doing it in the right order seemed to fix us. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rfrye wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:48 am Wow. It was that simple. Just doing it in the right order seemed to fix us. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction.
Thanks for letting us know that worked!
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”