REQUEST: Please put your clerk computers under management

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: REQUEST: Please put your clerk computers under management

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:36 pm I fixed 1 of 2 that were flagged in my stake using the link and saw that Sophos was still running on that machine. That tells me it was NOT getting the proper management from HQ.
Hmmm, I may have to revisit some machines. I think I have a couple still running Sophos last I checked. I put them on back burner when I was told they were getting replaced, but with the chip shortage, I'm not sure when they will arrive.

But I haven't received any notifications.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:18 pm...but with the chip shortage, I'm not sure when they will arrive.
Yes, I considered passing on putting my 2 problem PC's under management since I was notified by FM that we were on target to get all of ours replaced this year. Good thing I was notified too, as they originally has us down for 2 less than what our stake needs.

The one PC I worked on took about 2.5 hours to finish updating. It was way behind in Microsoft updates, since the policy for updates showed they were supposed to be under the control of HQ, it apparently sat there and didn't receive any updates for quite some time - including critical ones. This alone should be a wakeup call for STS's visiting this thread because they received the notification.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just got a update from FM that we won't see our new machines until January. At this point, I'm not sure as I'd count on anything until the boxes arrive on my doorstep.

Three questions to ask yourself:
  • When will the chip shortage end?
  • If you were a manufacturer, what models would get the limited supply? High-profit, or low-profit?
  • Which models does the church buy?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

sslatu

Post by sslatu »

please seeking help on how to put clerks computer under management step by steps?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sslatu wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:30 am please seeking help on how to put clerks computer under management step by steps?

The step by step instructions are in the attached document to the first post to this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Running the install shows that it installs "BESClientHelper". Presumably if you have "BESClientHelper" listed as a service, this may not be needed.

In my case, I installed it because I had a unit computer that was running really slow and wasn't ridding itself of Sophos. The tactic worked.

cnunezv

Post by cnunezv »

Link is not working, Ive been trying to download the .exe file but its not loading, any help?
Or do I need to call the Global Service?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cnunezv wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:29 pm Link is not working, Ive been trying to download the .exe file but its not loading, any help?
It's working for me. I tried it even when not logged in.

Be aware that the dash at the end of the line is part of the link and not a "continued on next line" mark.

RichPhillips

Post by RichPhillips »

This thread is rather old, but might be the right people to answer my questions. The new clerk computers we received are provisioned with MS Endpoint Manager, including the SCClient (Software Center). Is Software Center to be used or is this for workforce accounts of Church employees? Most of my clerks have not run the client. Those that have, aren't able to actually download any app updates that are recommended in the Software Center. Updates fail without ever downloading. Are others experiencing the same thing? Any reason to keep SCClient.exe on the clerk computer?

I haven't seen any guidance on this SCClient app..
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Yes I’m experiencing exactly the same thing. Says it is downloading, but nothing happens!

Return to “Clerk Computers”