ViDiu Teradek issue

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
kwillisjr

ViDiu Teradek issue

Post by kwillisjr »

I received the information below from a member who is having an issue with a ViDiu Teradek unit. Hoping someone here might be able to help him.

The brother I normally work with to set up the broadcasts is on travel due to a family emergency, and I have been trying with Paul Lambson to get the English and Spanish VidiU units working at New Rochelle the past two nights.

The English unit is fine and gets the chapel audio. All set there.

We aren’t able to get the Spanish broadcast online though. The first problem is that one of the NR analog converter units is not working. But even when we use the one good converter with the Spanish VidiU unit, when we broadcast from that unit we get a distracting flickering effect in the stream. This problem doesn’t exist with the English unit.

We tried using an HDMI splitter with the one good converter we have to get good outputs to both VidiU units, but that failed. There seems to be something about the stream from the splitter that the VidiU units do not “like”.

We also did not come up with a good way to get Spanish audio into the VidiU unit. It does have a convenient 3.5mm input, and we tried using one of the portable interpretation headset units as an input but the audio quality is very poor.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”