Tools Not syncing

christyshannons

Re: Tools Not syncing

Post by christyshannons »

Apple 8plus won’t load sync. Have reinstalled multiple times. After login, auto sync page comes up and the sync circle makes it less than a quarter of the way and stalls. My aunt’s is doing the same thing on her Apple older model. Please fix, we have new callings and people I need to find!!! Thank you!! :!:
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

christyshannons wrote: Please fix, we have new callings and people I need to find!!!
Sorry, but the forum is user-to-user help and support. There is nothing we can do. You will need to send feedback from within the app to get your issue to those who can do anything about it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jeanniew1958

Post by jeanniew1958 »

It’s Jan 2021 and my lds tools is failing to sync I thought of signing out but it says that if you sign out you lose all the data. Please help me to fix this problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeanniew1958 wrote:It’s Jan 2021 and my lds tools is failing to sync I thought of signing out but it says that if you sign out you lose all the data. Please help me to fix this problem.
You posted this on a Sunday. Sundays are a bad day to sync. Too many are doing it at the same time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
spinordie

Post by spinordie »

When I login it asked to sync but errors out. Hasn’t synced in 5 months. My app updates, but my ward info is out of date.
williamsuman

Post by williamsuman »

I’ve done both manual and auto updating both the member lists are all trunkaded with just one or two names in each section. I have an iPhone XR with iOS 14.7.1. How do I make the updating feature work?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

williamsuman wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am I’ve done both manual and auto updating both the member lists are all trunkaded with just one or two names in each section. I have an iPhone XR with iOS 14.7.1. How do I make the updating feature work?
What country are you in? Some countries, (like the US) are "opt-out", meaning that by default, all members are listed unless they opt-out.

Other countries, with strict privacy laws (like the UK) are "opt-in", meaning that members have to take action to be listed in the directory. As a result, the ward list is rather short unless you're on the Ward Council.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

williamsuman wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am I’ve done both manual and auto updating both the member lists are all trunkaded with just one or two names in each section. I have an iPhone XR with iOS 14.7.1. How do I make the updating feature work?
I've found that sometimes I have to sign out, then sign back in, to get the latest data. To sign out in iOS Member Tools, go to More > Settings > Sign Out.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mjmeldrum

Post by mjmeldrum »

As of 17 May 2022, I’m having this issue. It’s been going on for quite some time (more than a year). I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times to no avail. The repeated pop-up asking or prompting me to sync is more annoying than helpful. I am running iOS version 15.4.1 and just saw that version 15.5 is now available. I know that there are others in my ward that are having the same or similar issues. I very much doubt that my ward in Utah is unique in having these issues. To whom should these issues be reported? Does anybody actually care and are we just left to muddle through this on our own? Being that this issue has been omnipresent for such a long period of time, I’m seriously beginning to wonder if Tools has been abandoned. I (try) to use this app on both my iPhone and iPad. Makes no difference, same results. I don’t know, maybe pleading helps. Please, please, please fix the syncing issue so that this app actually functions properly. Thanks.
jimmywayneadair

Post by jimmywayneadair »

I have tried to update my tools but it would not work and then it asked me to change my password and I did. Now it would not work. I am the Branch President and I need that tool open so I can check on members unit number and temple recommends status.

Return to “Mobile Applications”